Early Start

G

Gerry Castles

Out on the Thames this morning for a ride and the maggot drowners were out in force, about eight-a mile below Penton Hook Lock(ie just out of sight of the lock keeper) No I didn't bother phoning the EA. It was Sunday with one day to go, couldn't see Reading HQ giving a toss. Did make a bit of a close-in, too fast, wash-making protest. One of them fell over trying to scramble back up the bank and gave me a friendly wave. At least that's what it looked like. hehehhehehehe

alan strickland

Reaction score
Nice one gerry no reason for them to be fishing before the day with all the stillwaters and canals available.Going out about 8pm to start my first river season(1 of main reasons for starting on rivers is the closed season)
Really looking foward to midnight.
tight lines all

G

Gerry Castles

Goning to be pulling the boat out at 2.30 am. Still get excited. There will be a
confusing, half asleep moment when I expect Santa to come down a chimney and then reality bites (as well as some decent toothy critters I hope)

Wish you all an exciting and fruitful opening day. May all of your bites be monsters.

J

john conway

Best of luck everyone, see you in a couple of hours Alan.