The Great Rod Race

R

Robert Draper

I just sat through Saturday nights GRR marathon (I have no life) and I thought it was fantastic. Whatever you think about Hayes & Brown, the sight of Mick Brown tying a 26 by hand then fishing for a stickleback was one of the highlights of angling telly this year.

More please Discovery H&L...

R

Rodney Wrestt

I didn't know it was on or I would have taped it, I only say the last part of the last one where Mick caught a grayling. :eek:(

Chris Hammond

Reaction score
Hi Robert,

I totally agree, great t.v! My favourite moment was Mick's face when he finally caught a tench and the comment about the 'grumpy face' on the fish, had me in stiches!

Also really enjoyed the bits about the mini species, I'm definitely going to set up a small tank this year. I started myself by fishing for Bullheads, sticklebacks and loaches, we used to pursue them in the shallows and trap them between two jam jars.

alan strickland

Reaction score
Very good programme best since jungle hooked,From what you were shown that matt hayes is a fantastic angler,he alway`s came up trump`s when they were struggling for fish.Also enoyed mick`s aproach and attitude to fishing.Only down point was the background music while there catfish fishing the music sounded like is was done on optonic`s
more of the same please
would love to see something with amature anglers put on a lake like yatley split lake for a month(big brother style)with person catching least being knocked out or voted out by other`s.

R

Robert Draper

Good grief no! I can see it now...

"Day three at the Big Brother lake, Federico has failed to tie the knotless knot yet again and resorted to superglue. Jon's bite alarm made out of old beercans, twigs and a 9v battery failed to work and a 20lb carp is currently towing his rod around the lake..."

now I think about it - could be a laugh!

G

goff dyer

BRILLIANT, the pair of them are so enthusiastic. I think Mick Brown is a diamond his face on catching a fish, its like the first fish he has ever caught.I agree with you Chris H, THE Tench face was magic.

D

Danny Lancaster

For anyone who missed the marathon, the episodesare now on every Friday evening, not sure of time!

Also, I was on the Isle of Bute last month and Paul Young (Hooked on fishing!) was up there filming on Loch Fad. He told me there is a new series out later this year. The programme on Fad is on in January.