The Source from Hearn & Dinamite

J

Jefito B

I've read up lots about 'The Source' by Terry Hearn and Dinamite and have decided to give it a wirl when I get out next weekend. Going to use the boilies and boosters etc... Anyone use it and have any good things to report about it?

D

Dave Rothery

dont know anyone, but terry works hard to find feeding fish....broadly speaking anything will catch a carp thats feeding, so use it with confidence

M

Mark Morton

bought a bag at the weekend. fished through the day with them and only had one bite, which was dropped. However everybody on the whole lake was struggling to get a bite so cant really judge them yet. I will be using them for the next few weeks. They smell good tho'

D

Dave Rothery

its been said a million times before - theres no magic bait.

M

Mike Lee

I expect this bait company to make a lot of money from this bait.

Save your money mate and go and find a fish.

Watch the fish and see where and when it feeds.

Put a bit of chewing gum on a hair and cast it to where the fish is feeding and hey presto - a new bait that works.

C

Cakey

You done it Mike ?
Ive caught on..jelly squares,american hard gums,wine gums and lots of other weird baits when ive been bored or catching too many and decided to experiment.

N

nick austin

Iv'e been on "the source" for a while, and had not much luck, when my other rod fished it's nuts off on pellet?....HOWEVER...sometimes a bait needs to get established by allowing fish to confidently feed on it?, i think, so i'm still feeding "the source" and sticking with it, i dont think terry hearn would put his name to something that didn't work....but there are many other EXCELLENT and CHEEPER baits.
One thing i do notice is that the POP UPS are different from the SHELF LIFE, which i'm not too keen on? what do the experts think?

M

Mike Lee

Yes Cakey, I've caught on spearmint chewing gum, chewed by my very own teeth!

As I remember, it looked just like a white boilie moulded around the shank of the hook - it was at Carleton Rode Fen in Norfolk. The water was highly coloured and I had fish feeding in front of me on hemp, worm and caster. I remember thinking that I got quicker bites if I put a light coloured cater on the hook so i put a blob of chewing gum on instead. Eventually I discarded the casters and worms and just had the chewing gum on.
I won the match with 87lb of carp on the pole, biggest was 17lb

Inquisitive fish only have one means of investigating a possible food source and that's to pick it up and taste it.

I've used jelly squares to bait swims when stalking fish and then presented red wine gums under a small peacock waggler when returning to the 'prebaited' swims some time later.

It's great fun and often the fish haven't seen anything like it before.

C

Cakey

Ive just ordered 40k of wine gums and 40k of jelly.
Good Angling.

A

Andy Ball

my mates had fish to 23lb from our local lake on source , its not the easiest of waters ,but they seem to like it . i can vouch for it for bream and tench they cant get enough of it . the one thing i wasnt to keen on was it is quite soft , even had a couple of baits come off when casting. thats not happened before with owt else ive used

daren heslop

Reaction score
A lot of carp were caught on source from the stretch of trent ive just got back from.
there again nearly everyone was using it and a few had been prebaiting with it.