The Alternative Angler

alan strickland

Reaction score
Should you be on a long haul overnight stay, your ?Chub Class? chair with extra width and legroom and therefore no chance of DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) will fully recline and attendants will draw screens round to enable you to have an uninterrupted night?s sleep. Alarms will be turned down to lowest settings, and the night porter service will deal with any playing and landing of fish that might happen while you were resting. But while we are on the subject of DVT, why isn?t DVT striking down anglers in their hundreds? Some of us spend days in the same chair at a time, I?ve never seen warnings or even the slightest mention of the possibility of it occurring. Makes you think, doesn?t ?

Has anyone suffered from DVT that could of been put down to fishing?As you get warning`s on airlines for flight`s over 4 hour`s and the typical fishing sesion being over that time!

my chair feel`s like a bed of nail`s after a couple of hour`s and i was thinking of getting a new 1 but maybe if there is a link ill stick with old 1 so i get a regular stretch of my leg`s

Graham Young

Reaction score
I dunno about DVT, but my old Dad always used to suffer from serious Basket Bum after sitting on his old wicker box for hours on end!!