Is baiting up chosen swims weeks in advance of fishing a venue a good idea?

Michael Stephenson

Reaction score
just been reading an article in 'Advanced Carp Fishing' magazine which shows the idea of baiting up the margins with boilies twice a week with a set amount, then the guy who wrote the article fished it when he started to see the carp feeding on the boilies.
In general is this seen as a good idea and can other baits other than boilies be used to bait up areas??
GRATEFULL FOR ADVICE

G

Geoff Cowen

Any kind of bait can be used for pre-baiting if you can afford it and can get to your chosen swim often enough. If you are planning to fish boilies use just a few and bulk up your feed with cheep corn or any other particle bait. Some of the dog foods such as Vitalin - I think that?s the name, pre-soaked so it sinks. Carp will eat just about anything so be inventive.

S

Stu Black

Michael, you can buy ewe pellets from your local animal feed shop, these cost a fiver for 25kg and are the same csl pellets the tackle shops sell for a fortune. Excellent for bulking up your prebaiting and VERY cheap.

C

Cakey

Could you tell me what lake and what swims your baiting up please?

T

Tony O'dell

Where can you get Ewe pellets from....and what do they consist off? ( CSL..... i assume they contain corn steep liqour???? )