Fishing near Benidorm....

E

EC

Has anybody fished in or around Benidorm, either in the sea or more preferably for coarse fish?

R

Ron Clay

Eddie,

What the hell do you want to go to a shit heap like Benidorm. It's full of Poms getting pissed and aquiring skin cancer.

Rather take a trip to somewhere like Botswana on the Okavango swamps where you can fish for tigerfish, thundering great catfish and various species of tilapia as well as watching the animals of Africa.

Fabulous sunsets, evenings spent cooking Botswana beef on the braai (barbie) and no bloody women to maither you.

It's only 15 hours on a SA Airways Jumbo, change at Joburg.

Marvellous!!!

PS, Don't take a woman!

I

Ian Whittaker

In the sea , last february.Light float tackle- very sensitive setups - was the order of the day.Feeding liquidised bread and hooking tiny pieces of worm on 18's hooks! Seriously addictive species hunt!Gin clear water ,polaroids were essential to watch bass , spanish mackerel and I think small tuna whizz through around the edges of the harbour/ marina. I did see a couple of moray and conger caught but I wasn't geared up for them.There are a couple of shops where you can buy tackle but apparently there is a proper tackle shop that we failed to find that supplies fresh bait.I went out to the island in the submarine boat and was surprised by the quantity and size of fish there, one local was hammering 2/3lb bream on chunks of floatfished orange.I blanked on cockles!