Traser watch

Anthony Parkes

Reaction score
I was given one of these watches last year - and I've never come across a watch that is so easy to read - I was delighted with the acuracy and visabitlity.

As a big carp fisherman I was interested to see that traser did other products that are ideal for carp fishing. I bought a PAlight and a Krill Lamp, to use at night on a 2 week fishing holiday, from their web site.

The Krill Lamp provided enough light for my Bivvi every night for the whole time I was away and the Palight was used almost continuously every night for lighting up just about everything else - including my landing net. The green LED gave me really high visability and cone attachment meant I could use it as a directional marker for casting.

Even if you can't stretch to a watch it's worth checking out some of their other products, as they are ipretty useful for night fishing

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
The products that Anthony mentions will be reviewed on this website over the next few weeks.

R

Richard Drayson

I had a look at the Tracer website.
Some great watches and other gear too - well worth a look!

And if Graham has any more watches that need reviewing, I'm only an email away LOL.

(Hey! It was worth trying!!!)

R

Ron Clay

I have just ordered one as my ancient old Rolex (35 years) has just packed up and they want ?200.00 to fix it.

I hope it is as good as my old Rolex.

B

Barry Edney

Ron, I'll take your Rolex off your hands for you if you don't want it anymore. ;o)

D

Dave Rothery

i can also vouch for animals watches. mines lasted 8yrs so far (normally 8 weeks!). been thru many surfing wipeouts, been dropped, things dropped on it and the anodising's been scratched! only time its been back to animal was after o dropped it out of a first storey window and the second hand came off.....they sorted f.o.c and put a new battery in it

R

Ron Clay

I have just recieved my new Traser watch and I love it. I also love the price at ?135.00

It's so light and has all the functions I need. As I took it out of the package I realised I was looking at something of real quality; something that is hard to define.

The dial is one of the easiest to read I have seen. You can really CAN see this in the dark. The watch had been set by the distributor, spot on when I recieved it. The strap is made from a top class polymer that will last for ever, (well nearly for ever).

Every thing about these watches spells out quality. No wonder the military and emergency services have used these watches. Thanks Graham for introducing us to something of REAL quality at a decent price. I love it better than my old Rolex, which tended to be heavy. To replace my old Rolex would have meant shelling out hundreds, if not thousands of pounds!

What else can you introduce us to on this website Graham?

Tim Birch

Reaction score
Casio Sea Pathfinder from Argos - 20 squid.
Shows moon and tide phases, and only lights when tipped at 45 deg towards face, (I'm not giving fish free laser shows).
But If someone sends me a Traser for nowt I'll brag it off as well.

E

Eddie Caldwell

I've been away for a week or so and I'm 'off the pace' a bit but I would also endorse what has been written about Traser watches. I purchased the same as the one in Graham's article and I am most pleased with it so far: good time keeper and easy to see in dark conditions.

I also like the velcro strap - it's simple, comfortable and, unlike my previous watch, there is no reflection causing glare that might spook observant trout.

Eddie Caldwell

S

Shrek

I'm waiting for the catalogue to arrive and then just have to persuade my wife that it would be a major boon if I got one.

From what you all say, they are just the type of thing I'm after. Was going to settle for a G-Shock but am so glad I didn't.

Just one question for Graham/Eddie, is the velcro strap the complete wrap round type that you get on Animal watches?

R

Ron Clay

I got the ordinary strap. Somehow I don't trust velcro closures.

By the way, when Nelson Mandela came to power in SA, Mercedes Benz presented him with a bright red S series.

Why did they not fit seat belts?

They put velcro on the head rests!

Although this joke sounds a bit politically incorrect, it was told to me by a black South African. Yes it's about time all races learned to laugh at themselves.

Wouldn't the world be a better place?

S

Shrek

I've tried both and find the velcro ones are far more comfortable. They don't leave indentations in your wrist and you can also take them off the watch and put them through the washing machine.

As for the joke Ron, don't give up your day job.................!!!

Tony Lonczyk

Reaction score
Ive just had a peep at the Traser Watches Website. They look quite nice.

However.....take a look at the Chase-Durer watches if you want a nice night watch...they are something else. They dont use Tritium Vials, but use Tritium/SPO paint, which allows them to a bit more with the illuminous bits.

I'm informed that the brightness is about the same for both types of watch but I stand to be corrected on that.

I will probably be ordering the Chase-Durer in the near future and will be interesting to see how it stacks up against the Traser.