Octopus Hooks

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
As you will all know by my constant moaning about lack of available tackle here in NZ I struggle to find even the basics. I was then surprised to find a sports shop with a reasonable selection of gear. Though the range of hooks was one brand (unless you wanted fluff flinging hooks then you could have any Kamassan you wanted)

Anyway they have carp hooks by one of the Japanese manufacturers called Octopus (chem sharpened etc etc) just wondering if anyone had heard of em or even used em as I dont want to risk second rate hooks on some of the lumps lurking in my local waters.....

Anyone got any comments or should I carry on going to the expense of importing hooks?????

Cheers Kiwi

alan strickland

Reaction score
Try a rod on the cheap local available tackle and one rod imported tackle and see if theres a difference,never know the japan gear might be what fox ect have in store for uk market in 2004

D

Dave Rothery

most carp hooks are re-boxed trout ones anyway....kamasan b175 ?2.49 for 20, b725 (carp one) ?2.99 for 10!
a lot of the grub/emerger hooks make really go "nailer" type patterns....
leadcore's a bit cheaper as a flyline.....

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
Thanks guys think I will give em a bash and see what they are like though you realise if I drop a fifty Ill be huntin you both down LOL

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
Cheers Cakey (I wont listen to what everyone says about you again)