How are you getting on?....

D

Dave Rothery

A lot of this fish locally haven't really "switched on" after spawning yet - they haven't had that "big feed". is it the same elsewhere?

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
I'd definitely say yes to that. Looking at the local paper today even the match weights are down. (South Norfolk)

RAMMER BERT

Reaction score
yer deff,the fish stoped spawning 2 weeks ago and have gone right off the boil fight like bream bit like an empty brown bag not good.(cambridge)

R

rob tudor

In surrey seem to be okay if you can get on them did last night on estate lake 4 20's to 24lb 4 doubles 16-19lb and 7lb tench I am completley knackered at work boss keeps waking me up

D

Dave Rothery

d'ya know where i can get some salt water river carp mike?

M

Mike Lee

Yeah dave, Oulton Broad, North bay.

First put in could easily be EITHER a 20 Carp or a 6 Mullet.

That fit the bill Frothy?

xx

D

Dave Rothery

a long time ago some animal libbers(?) opened the lock gates on the bude canal.....net result was a large number of dead carp(and other fish) washed up on the beach at bude.....didn't realise they wouldn't survive

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Ooooooer

Kisses for Frothy, well well well!

M

Mike Lee

There's a lock gate between lake lothing (salt) and Oulton Broad.

Most of the time, the gates are shut but there's about a 20cm gap between the gate ends.

As the place is tidal, the gap allows salt and fresh to mix twice a day.

Incidentally, Sid Huggins once caught a codling on double red maggot at the Beauchamp Arms on the River Yare, followed by a bream and a hybrid.

No more kisses Dave, Wols jealous!