Angling Trust Taking Government To Court

honslow

Reaction score
Just heard that the Angling Trust and the World Wildlife Fund have teamed up to take the British Government to court in a judicial review over River Basin Management Plans and their failure to meet stringent ecological targets under the EU's Water Framework Directive.

Way to go the Trust!!! Good to see my £20 being put to the best possible use imaginable. Wishing the Fish Legal team all the very best of luck, hope they kick Defra all over the courtroom!!!

About time those weaselly politicians and their lackeys in the civil service got their comeuppance for the despicable way they manage out lakes and rivers...

jimmy crackedcorn

Reaction score
This really is good news. A big setup like the WFW is taking the AT seriously and that has to be good news and good publicity certainly as we working to an environmental goal rather than something specific to anglers so non-anglers get to find out about us. Stick it to the man chaps !

dezza

Reaction score
This is some of the best news, we as anglers have received in many years. Oh I would love to see the evil beaurocrats, directors of waters companies and government pigs squirm.

Let's help give government back to the people.

Forward the Angling Trust, and if you're not a member, join now!

thx1138

Reaction score
Good news that the AT is fighting for the best deal for anglers.

Something I was wondering though..

What happens if the AT 'wins' in court? Does the government pay a fine? And if so, who do they pay a fine to? :confused:

And let me get this right.. my AT membership is paying for the Fish Legal team, and my taxes are paying for the government lawyers defence, so whoever wins or loses, I foot the bill? Let's hope it's all done quickly and the lawyers dont drag it out.. not that they ever would do anything like that. :wh

dezza

Reaction score
The more of us that join, the bigger teeth they will have.

Life Member - Angling Trust

---------- Post added at 04:17 ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 ----------

And let me get this right.. my AT membership is paying for the Fish Legal team, and my taxes are paying for the government lawyers defence, so whoever wins or loses, I foot the bill? Let's hope it's all done quickly and the lawyers dont drag it out.. not that they ever would do anything like that

We have a general election coming up. Don't let the *******ds who have become over powerful back in again.

Life Member - Angling Trust