a new forum section

N

Nick King

could we have a new section in the forum that deals with fishing antiques and collectables????perhaps some one on the fishing magic site who knows all about old alcock reels and and split cane rods and collectable books etc....could let folk know what they`ve got via digital pics sent by e-mail and give an estimate on how much things are worth????i`ve picked up some collectable fishing books by richard walker,billy lane,ivan marks to name but a few also i`ve got some bakerlite centre pin reels.one is an alcock in very good condition but i aint got a clue who to turn to for any info on them and a valuation......

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
There is always potential for a new forum section but there has to be enough demand for it. Is there anyone who visits this forum who would be willing to evaluate tackle and participate in such a thread?

G

Gerry Castles

I collect early US multipliers and am also interested in cane sea, lure and fly rods. I have a fair idea of their value, but beyond that I don't know much about coarse fishing gear.

S

Stu Black

Theres a small section in Angling times that deals with collectbles....might be worth sending them a few pics?

R

Ron Clay

This might be a good idea. It obviously depends on the response.

How many people have old tackle out there?

R

Ron Clay

The Monk's got the oldest and most worn out tackle I know.

It's all those nuns he has been after