Floater Fishing

Jonathan Williams

Reaction score
I have joined a syndiate water and just did my first session this weekend (36 hours). I had a great time and cought 3 mirrors, 17lb, 15lb2oz, 12lb9oz, a 8lb common and a 4lb eel. It got really quiet during the day and you could see the fish near the Surface. I had some mixers and put some out, but the water is absolutly full of rudd, there must be hundreds of thousands, I even cought a few when landing a carp in my net. Every time you put mixers out the water bubbles with rudd nibling at them, how can I get past them to get to the carp? I know it can be a good surrface water as some guy got 2 twenties off the top the day before I got there.

Cheers

Jon

Cheers

Jon

L

Les Clark

Jonathan,I would`nt worry about it ,the fact that the rudd are on your floaters,may/could attract the carp,just sit it out .

Jonathan Williams

Reaction score
Cheers Les! One of the guys said that they will eat a mixer in 5-10 minutes, so I might have to try one of those artificial ones.

Cheers

Jon

D

Dave Rothery

soak cork balls in flavour/oils for an indestructilbe bait

Jonathan Williams

Reaction score
Cheers Dave, I will give that a go! Has anyone tried the fake dog biscuits and fake bread crust?

Cheers

Jon

L

Les Clark

Ive tried the maze and sweetcorn,but when you lose it it come`s dear at ?2-50 a pkt,a lot cheaper to use the real thing.

steve fox

Reaction score
ive used the fake chum + maize from enterprise tackle.worked a treat floater fishing .give them a go

S

Stuart Bullard

I'm with Les. On one water I fish I feel more encouraged when they attack the baits and freebies. I am sure the carp are attracted.

Its the pixxxg birds that bug me!!