Hunting(again)

Bruce Kerby

Reaction score
I see the PC brigade are off again with the ban fox hunting,i wonder how much S**t will come our way this time??

D

Dave Slater

Or go fishing wearing a red jacket and carrying a whip. Mind you the whip may appeal to some !!

G

Guy Robb

And when you catch it rip it to shreds with your teeth,then retire to the manor for a pimms..

M

Mark Williams

The hounds that bother me are the antis - they won't stop chasing once hunting's gone. Then the pack will be on the shooters' tails, and you know who comes next. What bothers me most of all is this; the majority of MPs are townies for whom the countryside is something to be appreciated from a Lake District tearoom; they know precisely sod all about the sorry existence of real country life, and nor do they give a damn as long as the footpaths are open at weekends.
I don't want to go hunting, but all the rubbish about foxes being 'ripped apart' by hounds winds me up. Are you saying that the billion animals attacked by cats are painless stunned before being despatched humanely? Or that the cattle queuing at the abbatoir aren't petrified? If we're wanting to prevent animal abuse, sorting out factory farming and transport would do a lot more good than attacking the hooray Henrys.
I was talking to a Hampshire farmer the other day; his cattle go from Hampshire to the Midlands to be slaughtered, then the carcases go back to Hampshire to be butchered before being sent back to the Midlands for sale. It's ridiculous.
Why do foxhunters they get the flak? It's not only class war, it's because real country people (as opposed to the weekenders who have helped destroy village life) are under-represented in Parliament, so cannot win.
If anyone here thinks the LACS will pack its things and all the zealots will go home once hunting with dogs is gone better think again; guess who's next on the list boys?

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
Just wish the Hunters would stop try and hiding under the pretence of 'Pest Control', population control etc, why don't they just admit to the fact that it is a blody good day out for all concerned, the horses love it, the hounds love it, the riders and followers love it etc, It's just the Fox which is having a bad hair day.