New Hair Rig for Biscuits ?

S

Simon Bridges

This is a quote from Paul Garner about using hair rigged biscuits. Can anyone understand what he's on about and if so please explain?
"Finally, one of those little secrets I mentioned earlier. When carp begin to wise up to floaters their first response is to take them in the outer edge of their lips. With standard hair rig and side hooked baits this will mean that the hook is outside of the fish?s mouth. When the fish turns their may well be a tremendous boil as the fish feels realises it has made a mistake, but you will not find yourself connected to the fish. The answer is quite simple. All I do is reverse the direction of the hair, so that it faces up towards the eye of the hook. Now, with the hook sitting below the bait and also with the hook point facing upwards, the chances of hooking these wily fish is greatly enhanced. Give it a try, you might be surprised at the difference it makes"
?????????????

S

Stu Black

Does he mean the hair is from the front of the hook, rather than lying along the shank?

D

Dave Rothery

rob maylin came up with a "drop hook" rig, where tubing was used to make the hair go go back up the shank, so the bait is above the hook. make sense?

Ozz Buchan

Reaction score
It's generally known as the reverse hair rig, but basically the hair is comming up yhe shank towards the eye of the hook and not away from it.

C

Cakey

And for a two biscuit rig you can have two hairs,one normal and one reversed.

Tim Birch

Reaction score
Need a diagram.
Cant see how this would be more effective.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
I would have thought the best way to tie a reverse hair would be to pull the hair section through the eye as normal and then double BACK with the hair facing back towards the eye. On top of this tie the hair in a normal fashion whipping away from the eye and then proceed with completing the standard knotless.

Simple?