Bristol Avon

P

Paul Hawkins

I have just joined....I love this forum set up!
I'm thirty minutes from Bath and want double figure Barbel crawling up the rod!
Any pointers?

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Now, Now boys!

I know a cracking barbel swim near Worcester!/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum mate, sorry sarcasm is endemic on FM!! /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

We are a friendly bunch on here but you won't get many sensible answers to requests for people's best barbel swims. They take years of trial and error to find.

Any others type of question and you'll get a hail of useful andamiable advice...

Hope that helps

Reaction score
Mmmm... a new kind of fishing eh! (For idiots like me!!! /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif)

Can't believe I got told off by the teacher too!

Muffin

Reaction score
Well there are defo double figure barbel in the Avon, But I'm not sure they will 'crawl up your rod'!

Spent most of last summer and this winter targeting Babel on the Avon without great sucess, but they are present.

The Barbel on the Bristol Avon are on average larger than some other rivers, but not as abundent so need to be traked down. Some venues have seen large angling pressure, and as mentioned previously people are quite touchy about their fav Barbel swims and tactics! Its quite a touchy subject!

send me an e-mail and can help you with a few pointers that Ive been told by people far batter Barbel anglers than I'll ever be!