Survey three

C

Cakey

I find the going flavour and stick with it for the season,do you ?
If so flavours please.

M

Mike Lee

My flavours are so weak that it probably makes no difference whether they are 'going' or not.

I just want a marker to go with my 'bestest ever base mix' that won't blow in five minutes.

You must be really bored Cakey - go fishing mate!

D

Dave Rothery

fishing last night at a local holidaymaker runs water and two teenagers (i'm not going to say "kiddies") came over and started looking over my gear. after some approving words ("those rods are like lee jacksons"......"where d'you get those spools?"......"i wanted one of those unhooking mats!") they started asking what bait. i told them (essential f-10) and they told me what they were using.

from memory:

activ8
assasin8
maple8
nash f-1
dynamite source
red october
tutti's
trigga

they were a bit worried as they had only had 11 fish to 12lb between them, and they wanted a bigger fish. someone else had told them to try to get some of the top secret "cruddy bait" as it guarantees a 20.

sadly, they thought they were serious......

M

Malcolm Bason

I'll usually stick with a "going bait" on a specific water, but I like to have a reasonable selection, as its good to have an alternative if they are not 'having it'.

Further to this, its good also to 'be different' - and being so will often bring a carp on the bank when others are blanking.

D

Dave Rothery

point was that they were changing every hour or so and confusing themselves when any 1 of those baits would have been fine. not exactly a hard water. i take alternatives, but rarely find they catch more than my main bait - bait application has more of an effect

D

Dave Rothery

fishmeal flavour ie no (extra)flavour at all
activ8 flavour
nrg flavour
multiplex flavour
f-10 flavour