Bivvy dilema

Bob Clayton

Reaction score
Ok guys which one should I get.

My last one, an armadillo which was a condensation nightmare went up in flames last night when my mates cooker blew up. By the way I had 6 fish last night after the flame show so it must have attracted them.

I am looking for a dome with an inner tent and a sewn in groundsheet. I must be quick to put up. I was looking at the Fox Euro Easydome has anybody got any experience of this.

C

Cakey

I got really pissed off with my easy dome and outed it .
they are fine in the summer when the materials are soft and limp they go up easy and fairly easy to put away but winter is another kettle of fish,they go stiff in the cold,they get muddy and the fight to get em back in the bag is unreal.

Ive now gone for the JRC stealth system ,what a bit of kit.

Do yourself a favour and have a look before you buy anything.
the ground sheet is seperate but fits like a glove and if you are still worried do what I do and take a roll of duck tape with you and seal the edges.
B+B Tackle doing it for ?135

C

Cakey

P.S. it has a built in gutter system and comes with loads of pegs and 4x storm pole fixing fingys.

Bob Clayton

Reaction score
I already have a brolly system which is fine for short sessions but I prefer something with an inner tent for long sessions. Thanks for the advice on the easy dome though I will avoid it.

Bob

G

goff dyer

Bob have a look at the JRC Continental Two Geodisic, bought one this year brilliant bit of kit and its "BIG" have a look at one on here at Brentwood angling thats where i got mine.

Bob Clayton

Reaction score
Thanks Goff, I have been out and looked at this and bought one of the quick assembly ones. It took me two minutes to put it up on the back garden. I also bought a separate groundsheet to make assembly easy and to have a base.
If it is as good in use as it seems it will be a dream to use.

Bob

S

Stephen Bundy

Hi Guys, Is the bivvy big enough to take two bedchairs lenght ways rather than across the width. As I am thinking of getting one, Also dose the porch have a groundsheet. Thanks stephen.

G

goff dyer

Hi Steve yes 2 bedchairs front to back and the porch has got a g/sheet.

S

Stephen Bundy

Hi,Goff thanks for the help looks like i'll be ording one then.