Mitchell Reels

F

Fred Bonney

Just tried reelvalue.co.uk, but too busy to take more serviceing, anybody know anywhere else I can get my 410 looked at and I've somehow bent the winding spindle on my 440?
Thanks

R

Richard Drayson

Hi Fred, there's a place near me which services Mitchell reels.

Reelcare, 100. Kendall Ave, Millbrook, Southampton, Hants. 023 8077 7232

F

Fred Bonney

Thanks Richard,i'll check them out.
Or, has anyone got or want a Privilage 440 for spares?

F

Fred Bonney

Richard,I forgot to thank you again,Reel Care came up with the goods and fast.

S

Stuart Bullard

Fred et al. I was going thru my Dad's stuff in his loft recently (only took me 3 years since he died!) and I found my first ever fishing reel, a Mitchell Match, which I used before giving up when I was 16......so its 26 years old!

Still runs perfectly. Question is, is it worth keeping? If not I'd be tempted to give it to any suitable, fishing related charity or schemes that need kit.

Thanks.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I still have 3 mitchell 300s which I won from AT for Fish of the Week in the 60s

and they still work!!!

R

Richard Drayson

Hello Fred, glad to be able to assist.

This forum really is the biz isn't it?

F

Fred Bonney

Richard...It works in every respect for every need.
Stuart,depends what you want to hold on to it for,I doubt if there is any value vintage wise,so if your not going to use it,why not pass it on.
I've got a Zebco reel a freebee to give away,so if anybody knows of a good home for unused but usable tackle, let us know.

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
What about the charity Second Chance which the carp compo raises fun for. Takes underpriviged kids fishing and camping.

S

Stuart Bullard

If thats the case good idea. I'll give them a call.

At this rate (work) I might as well give them my whole lot! I cant see me fishing for months now...........at least I got out most weeks in the summer.