Baffin/Derri/Skeetex/Muckboot Tay Etc???

Guy Morris

Reaction score
Hi there,
After much thought, and back and forth between companies, i have managed to get a Sundridge suit for next winter, or this summer if the last few are anything to go by!!
I now want a decent pair of WARM !!! boots, i dont tramp miles so im not worried by welly/moonboot style.
Skeetex moonboots i have tried in the past for a very short period, but i found them quite uncomfortable allround. Has anyone used any of the above, i dont mind paying a sum for a long lasting decent set.
Any thoughts on what would be a good warm make of boot for fairly static autumn/winter fishing. Many Thanks G.Morris

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Personally I'd get a pair of good quality hiking boots. I was fed up with all the so called "fishing boots", they all leaked after only a few trips out and not one pair was comfortable. I finnished up buying a pair of Scarpa mountaineering/hiking boots and they really do what here supposed to ....a refreshing change!

Oh, I forgot to say if it's wellies your after then I've found Aigle paroquares fantastic...best wellies I've ever had ! They're lovely and warm (5mm neoprene lining) and are even great for walking in except in warm weather when your feet will sweat.

Last edited:

Guy Morris

Reaction score
Which version do you use of the muck boot?? Is it the Tay Cold Weather?

Rickrod

Reaction score
I ve never had cold feet wearing my derri boots there alright for walking to your swim as well.They used to be £50 now 29.99

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Which version do you use of the muck boot?? Is it the Tay Cold Weather?

No..I've got the bog standard Derwent which I've found perfectly adequate worn with a decent pair of proper socks .To be fair I dont spend hours sitting in sub zero temps but I can honestly say these boots are the best I've ever used.I just dont get cold feet anymore.

---------- Post added at 22:21 ---------- Previous post was at 22:20 ----------

Extremely comfortable too.

Stick_Float

Reaction score
There are 2 types of Skeetex boots

The ones people have trouble walking in are the Skeetex 'moon boot ' type like Mukluks (these ones )

Not to be confused with the FIELD BOOT TYPE

Ah my mistake, I thought it was the field boot that people had difficulty walking distances in, and after walking miles of bank trotting the other day, and walking long distances from train stations to venues as I don't have a car I had no problem, and very toasty feet.

A

alan whittington

I would buy a decent pair of leather walking/hiking boots also,with preferably a 'goretex' membrane,the money spent(which could be over £100)is well worth it as the first pair lasted 15 years plus,then an eyelet fell out(bought another pair at xmas),then found my nephew could repair it,so i now have a spare pair.Walking,sitting,whatever they are comfortable and warm with a good pair of boot socks.