Ajusta Blox

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Why did the manufacturer make the "business" end, that holds a bankstick, out of a square section material?
After all, every bank stick I have ever seen has been of round section. Was this due to simplicity and cheapness in manufacture?
Overall though it looks a decent piece of equipment that I'll probably investigate one next time I'm back in the UK.

W

Wag

Looking at it Peter, it's so that the clamping screw, which goes across the diagonal will clamp whatever shape of bankstick into the corner of the square. That way it doesn't matter whether the bankstick is round, square, hexagonal or anything else in section. I there are three points of contact the clamp will always be stable (a bit like a three legged stool can't rock).

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Carl,

Thanks, I had a bit of a problem based on the old addage of "square pegs in round holes," maybe I have been too conditioned by the Octoplus range of kit.

But, as I said, it looks like a decent piece of kit that I'll probably add to my tackle box next time around.

W

Wag

I've been looking for something I could adapt to fit my JRC TH Classic chair so that I can use my Octoplus Feeder Arm, and this looks just the job. I would prefer it in a lighter metal though - it does look a bit OTT.

S

Shrek

You could always try the Chair Mate from Davies Angling, tel 0800 136 031. They often advertise in AM and IYFC. I got one at a show. Made up of 3 parts:

1. Clamp that fits onto the chair leg
2. Arm coming of this that is fully adjustable
3. Short bankstick to give stability.

Onto this, I've added the Octoplus XL Feeder Arm and it works a treat.

Mine cost ?35 and included a feeder arm that just clamped onto the short bankstick. That got nicked so I replaced it with the full Octoplus one.

Am very pleased with it.