new fishfinder

C

Chris Bishop

What does everyon else reckon..? Can see me getting one to try and shorten the odds on a few places I fish...

C

Cakey

couple of warnings for anyone buying one
1/ range not very good ,less than advertised.
2/ 3ft min depth so it does not work in the margins unless over 3ft
3/ the batterys are not replacable in the sonar sensor,you have to buy a new unit after 400 hours.
other than that very good.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Cakey, got one on its way for review, but thanks anyway.

C

Cakey

ok
Ive modified mine to go on my bait boat and get a bigger distance (300metres) and can still use it on my rods.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

What, you want a medal for that or something?

I

Ian Whittaker

How much was it Cakey?Is the battery the only running cost?

S

steve claxton

Everybody to their own ....but dont you think it takes the "watercraft" skills out a touch...not for me im afraid

R

Roy Henwood

You've made the salient point Ian. come on Cakey, how much?

C

Cakey

?120 with import duty.
only running cost is the batteries but still on the oroginal set.
the sonar sensor has a wet switch on it so get it out the water as quick as you canto save the battery.

I

Ian Whittaker

Cheers Cakey,
Seems very reasonably priced and compact enough not to be a burden to carry about.

C

Cakey

Its very small,the screen folds down into the base which has a built in handle and the sensor goes into ones sky rocket.

kevin brooks

Reaction score
I could certainly find a use for it on my local 65 acre water and ?120 doesn`t seem too much when you consider the amount of information it feeds back.

S

Stu Black

Cakey, I thought the yankee model was illegal here you naughty man! lets have a go with it at swangey or wherever??????

C

Cakey

youre welcome for a go Stu.
Ive modified mine for bigger distances and so its now on a legal frequency ,any way it would only interfere with rons pacemaker.

Edward Hall

Reaction score
Cakey

Any chance of you revealing exactly how you modified your smartcast. I have the same model and find the 100ft a little limiting. Great on the rivers but crap on the lakes