vitalin again

V

vince battams

on a small commercial carp lake, where this bait has possibly neverbeen used, how would it fair in using it with a method feeder in a match or should i just stick with the going baits and methods

B

Birds Nest

presets a ball of feed for the carp.. should work fine..

C

chris day

Vitalin should only be really considered a carrier for food items.On it's own i would say it's fairly bland, but it's a cheap method mix, ?8 for 15kg, and easily absorbs any liquid additives and balls up a treat.Personally I'd add mollasses, hemp and maize as a starter, but it's up to you!

K

Karl Miles

Yes, but where do you find it? It's not in the local supermarkets - not even an own-brand equivalent - from what I can see.

K

C

chris day

cheapest place is pets at home- usually ?7.99 but sometimes on offer at ?6.99. Any pet food or feed retailer will have it, usually at around ?10 to ?11 - all per 15kilo sack.You can buy 2.5kilo bags but at around ?3 there's no point. Go bulk!!!!!

K

Karl Miles

Cheers! There's a P@H in Aintree I can get to, and a Morrison's in Southport. I doubt I'll get there for a while though, off to Worcester first thing!

Again, many thanks! The missus will be happier now I don't drag her down the pet isles at Asda and Tesco on futile missions!

Bob Clayton

Reaction score
I have recently started using vitalin for a method mix and I take a couple of kilos with a tin of flavoured sweetcorn the best I have used use is Maple with the juice from the tin, about 500gm of CSL pellets some mollases and a bit of hemp oil. This is base mix and I do add a bit of water from my own pond. I leave this to soak for 24 hours and then at the lakeside add any more water needed. I may add a few chopped boiles or cooked particles to this mix as it seems to make a differewnce. I must say since I started method feeding my catch rate has improved.

D

Dave Rothery

thats good in a way as it gets the "food" message into all levels in the water column.....but bad as the ducks'll find it

S

Stuart Harvey

I used it on my lake last weekend where there is a fairly large head of carp. I forgot to take any hemp and pellets so had to use it on its own, but the carp didn't mind at all, in fact I had a right good session.

C

Chris Isaacs

Vitalin Royal is OK but needs putting through a blender first, as it has loads of large "things" in it.

B

BUDGIE BURGESS

I was wondering if the large "things" would help? Would obviously need a good soaking too ensure they would not float.Then again as Dave said in some situations the mix remaining quite "active" may help too?Just thought I would see if anyone had tried it.

N

Nick Austin

I used vitalin a couple of days ago, to good effect, but before hand i made up a mix of groundbait at home, balled it in a jug and left it to watch how it acted in the water (less the attention of any fish obviously)..it looked fantastic, as the ball broke up bits and pieces rose up and settled at various levels...not a very "real" experiment i know, but gave me the confidence to give it a go with some small (3mm)pellets added for good measure, and i got a (non commercial) PB... (12lb common) well chuffed!....if only my club water would allow mixing in a few particles too!...