Junk mail

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
I don't know about you but we receive junk mail every day. What we did a few months ago was to sent it all back but mix it up, for instance we would return Lloyds bank stuff to a credit card company and the credit card stuff to Lloyds. Not only did this give us immense pleasure but it keeps the good old postie employed. Its much more satisfying than just binning it. If we could encourage everyone to do that perhaps these institutions would get p@@@@d off and stop them sending unsolicitored mail out. Not only that but it is costing them with no rewards in return. Any comments or similar ideas?

D

Dave Rothery

you can register with an organisation and get yourself taken off junk lists, and it'll be illegal for someone to send it to you. i'll try and remember who it was!

B

Birds Nest

One think I really hate are those Credit card application forms you get that are almost filled in for you, and you just need to sign... I know a couple of people who have moved house, and credit card companies have sent these forms to their old address... before they knew what was happening, the credit card company was tracking them down over the 5 grand they owed...

J

John Pleasance

There is also a Telephone Preference Service which helps to stop a lot of cold calls.

R

Ron Clay

Buy far the worst is junk email.

Surely there must be a way if finding out who sends this trash. If I was younger, I would kill the lot of them that do this, just as I would destroy all the drug pushers in this country.

Don't get me on drug pushers.

Thet authorities are too bloody soft with this scum.

J

john conway

On average I get about 30 – 40 junk emails per day from sex, drugs and money lenders etc etc. Our lass has just subscribed us to a service which automatically dumps about 70% of the junk emails and gives you the opportunity to report it or bounce it back. Unfortunately it’s not possible to get rid of it completely but the service does help, it’s supposed to get better as you build up a junk email/enemies address book.

Adrian Chubb

Reaction score
Richard, I have a friend who does the same as you but includes some stuff that comes out of the rear end of his dog. It doesn't stop the junk mail, but it makes him feel good.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Hey lads that was a good tip about the junk mail. I clicked on and done the job straight away, brill. Wish I'd known about that years ago my neighbours are fed up of my bonfires.

Ron, you really must watch your blood pressure, your threads seem to smoke for days