Using a Whip for Carp fishing

Ray Fussell

Reaction score
Can anybody suggest a reasonably priced whip approx 7m, price ?100.00 - ?150.00 (or less) that would be suitable for carp fishing. I usually fish at Willinghurst. I would prefer the whip to be complete with elastic at suitable rating. I remember reading about a badger int one that was cheap but I believe you have to set up the elastics, and I have no idea how to do this.

Many thanks

Ray Fussell

S

Stuart Bullard

Ray - I didn't think whips had elastics? I thought Poles had them, but whips were just tied direct......I may be wrong though.

M

Mike Lee

Hi Ray, ask your question again on the coarse fishing forum you might get the right response there!

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Browning Drag & Net, wicked carp bagging tool.

Reaction score
Daiwa do whips with elastic the conx whip takes a 6 elastic not good for carp fishing but i think tricast do a venom whip or did but you are really looking at a hit and hold pole at that length. Preston, maver and other pole manufactures make this type of pole. The preston is around the ?100 mark.Faps do a 9.5mtr pole faps 050 and they say it is very strong but I think it was quite heavy.Hope this helps you.

Ray Fussell

Reaction score
Thanks for all the reply's. I will look into the advice given.
To Stu Black, any idea on price?

Regards for now

Ray Fussell

Adrian Chubb

Reaction score
There is an article in this weeks Angling Times about a Zebco whip, designed for commercial carp waters.

terry hymus

Reaction score
ray,
whips are for speed fishing for small stuff,no use to you,what you need is a margin pole,something like the drag n net as already mentioned, browning do another one called an aggressor margin master,its around ?90,stated as 7m long,but mine actually goes 7.6m.its a hauling tool,you can get your local tackle shop to elasticate it for you,most places charge around a tenner,depending on the size of fish your after youll need between a 16 and a 20.