Day ticket tench

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
I'm after finding a day ticket tench water around Derby somewhere to tide me over the close season.

I'm joining a club with some nice lakes but their ticket runs from June until June, so I can't fish them yet as I'm not yet a member.

I'm not looking for record breaking monsters, just a nice and preferably natural lake where I can indulge myself and fish the lift next to some lilly pads.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

tortoise100

Reaction score
I did untill 5 months ago but never have caught a tench yet .
The best i can do is I was once talking to someone who reconed he had 17 bream and one small tench on marketon lake ,I would not say he was a reliable type though.

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
there was a few tench in alveston park (down london road) but last i saw of it ,it was weed chocked ,and had been hit hard by the locals for lunch

accross the a38 is a pond (its connected too the park pond) there should be tench in there but its run by a small club and members only

allestree park might be worth trying .

but your best bet is loco-park at the back of spondon ,best visit too find out about the fishing .i've this number but not sure its right.01332 673924

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Cheers Chavender, I tried Locko Park already as it's almost at the bottom of my garden. I was told they stopped people fishing around 10 years ago, and have had no success with telling websites that advertise fishing to change the information.

Shame as that was my best hope of some picturesque estate lake fishing.

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
its been that long since i last fished there ,its a shame as its a beautiful lake and classical tench fishing with early morning float sessions

thats the trouble with around here ,theres a definate lack of good quality natural waters ,thats day ticketed

it would mean travelling a bit ,but theres another gem of a tench lake ,but its in melbourne (no ... not melbourne australia ) village ,just over swarkestone bridge ,theres a tackle shop in the village (melbourne gun & tackle) you should be able too get tickets there or on the bank ,the pond is in the centre of the village .

theres also a small club pond at long eaton ,called barkers thats great for crucians and tench .its down wyvern avenue off tamworth road.

riverrovingross

Reaction score
Codnor park, bait of a rough area but the park is ok, tench to 10lbs so the lake owner says I've had them to over 6lb and in early spring its like a spa pool with all the tench bubbles. You could get a net full if you hit it right. I think it's 4-6 English coins to fish it with 2 rods, but if you float fish it well you will only need one