alarms

R

richard gray

about to upgrade my alarms but cant decide on which ones delkim or fox remote systems

C

Cakey

Just some figures for you so far this year...
fox repairs 12
delkims 104

fox mostly its the battery connections
delkims its mainly water proofing.

both very very good alarms if looked after.

D

Dave Rothery

delkims in red. changed all of mine to red cos i'm fed up with being blinded at 2 in the morning by the blue ones, and reds easier to see in the daytime. same as my danglies.

N

nick austin

fox!...been reliable for me?...got em wet, dropped em, bash em about a bit...always seem to work....BUT iv'e never owned Delks so..

R

Ron Clay

Those little Fox Mini Microns at less then ?30.00 dor everything I want them to do.

There, you didn't believe I owned bite alarms or a pod, did you?

C

chris day

In the Mail last week Ian Welch ran a budget alarms head to head and the mavers at ?17.99 came out tops. My mate bought a pair off the back of that and I have to say they're amazing for the price.well recommeded for kids or students! Having said that the Fox ones at ?23 ish are fine,but add battery costs and they were out of my mates budget range. I'll stick with my Nevilles, they are the nuts..................

C

carpin chris

I've had the RXs for 18 months had them out in all weather and not (touch wood) had a problem with them.

N

Nick King

can you still get hold of optonics alarms or ava alarms or bi-tech vipers??? i aint seen em around for years...fox and delkims etc have seem to cornered the market.....

L

Les Clark

Ron,your not turning into a carper are you?
You know,one of those you want to kill.

A Wayne

Reaction score
I heard the Waterproofing on the Maver alarms was slightly below par, but I'll stick to the Micron M's. They do all that is wanted of a Bite Alarm and they do it just as well as an alarm twice the price.

daren heslop

Reaction score
Ive got the mx's and only trouble ive had was like cakey said, the battery conection.Ive started doing a bit of carping and nearly upgraded because everones alarms cost more than mine.Thankfully im catching more carp than the lads with the rx's and txi's so im not going to bother.
Top of the range alarms are like big pit reels..you dont really need them.

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
Been using my original optonics since......mmmmm...well lets just say a long time, still going strong so never needed to replace them but if I was in the market I think I would be going for foxes