Off the top

L

Lee Bowen

Could anybody advise me on the following, when using floaters is it better to use reel line stright to the hook or to use a hook link. At the moment i fish stright through to the hook with a surface controller locked on by float stops. I've had a few nice upper teen fish using this meathod. However a couple of people have advised me to use a seperate hook link of a lighter BS. I'm using 12lb diawa sensor.

N

Nick Austin

i wld have 2 agree, nothing wrong with what ur doing, if you are catching the fish then why change! the way i look at is that with fishing with float stops you can vary your length of line from the controller float to the hook with ease it save breaking down the rig, and it can be altered dependant on how confidently the fish are feeding

B

BUDGIE BURGESS

For floater fishing I find a braided mainline far superior therefore I always use a mono hook length of some four feet.I always make sure that the last foot or so of this is degreased as I have always found that if you dont carp can spook of the shadow that floating line casts.I also feel that it is a good practice to always have your hook length slightly weaker than your main line.