What a surprise not

richiekelly

Reaction score
i know that politics shouldnt be mentioned on the forum but i have just picked up this weeks angling times and the headline accross the top of the front page reads "cameron lets be clear i am a fan of fishing ".

i havent read the interview as i dont belive a word any politicion says unless its to say we will be paying more in tax, but wasnt it his party that sold the water companies off cheap and then allowed them to monitor their own filthy discharges.

this wouldnt have anything to do with an election being round the corner would it? i wonder if he is a member of the AT. what a surprise NOT.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
It's OK because it is "Fishing Related". Nothing wrong with that.

But of course you will remember also, that in 1995 (in the run-up to the 1997 election) the Labour Party launched its "Angler's Charter". I know cos I interviewed its author, Tom Pendry (now Lord Tom Pendry) for the Angler's Mail.

You must remember that with over 1 million of us in England and Wales + relatives + sympathetic mates, that's more than enough to tipple any swing in the poles. (that's opinion poles, not European Poles BTW) :)

thx1138

Reaction score
try using the term 'polls' Jeff, it will get you out of all kinds of misunderstandings :)

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
DOH! You are right. Brain getting scrambled..... Old age.... :(

S'what comes with using a predictive spell checker and not looking. But then I compound it by typing that nonsense. :( :(

richiekelly

Reaction score
It's OK because it is "Fishing Related". Nothing wrong with that.

But of course you will remember also, that in 1995 (in the run-up to the 1997 election) the Labour Party launched its "Angler's Charter". I know cos I interviewed its author, Tom Pendry (now Lord Tom Pendry) for the Angler's Mail.

You must remember that with over 1 million of us in England and Wales + relatives + sympathetic mates, that's more than enough to tipple any swing in the poles. (that's opinion poles, not European Poles BTW) :)

it seems to me that there are no depths that they will not sink to in order to get peoples vote the only party i will be voting for is the monster raving loony party if only because i feel an affinity with the name

Bluenose

Reaction score
Fella's I don't want to pm everyone on this but please keep the topic related to fishing.

Calling Brown/Cameron, Lib/Lab/Con or anyone else a shower of ****'s may/may not be factually correct, but it goes against the site rules on politics.

Cheers

Edit: I should add that some posts were simply ackowledging previous posts and were not particularly offensive in their own right.

Last edited:

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Well said Ed

I'm thinking of running for Parlement as an indepndant - like all good MP's
I will promise you all sorts to get a vote and then milk the system when I'm in
Here are my polices - note some are fishing related

1 Otter culls
2 More otters to be released to replace those culled
3 abolsih the rod licence
4 Shoot all in land boat users
5 increase canoe access
6 put bins in all fisheries
7 Spiders to be Chancellor
8 Knight Rolf Harris and ship him back down under
9 Make Ron Clay a free man of Rotherham
10 Ron Clay to be incharge of EA with complete power over all decisions

These are just a samlple of my scatter gun policies some, none or all I will introduce when in power

Can anyone suggest a name for my party

BarryC

Reaction score
No doubt when the RSPB interview him he will agree that the success of the Cormorant is to be encouraged.
And when the otter people talk to him he will support the countrywide reintroduction of them.

No different to any other politician then.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Fella's I don't want to pm everyone on this but please keep the topic related to fishing.
Being privileged to still be able to read it when deleted, good rant :D , but Eddies the boss now. Sorry.

Rules is rules.

Just a story, but when i was in the SDP (Silly Demented People) party I heard a story from a Liberal about Cyril Smith (the only man fatter than Deanos) who gave a sermon in church in Rochdale. They said it was the best political speach he had ever made in his life and he never mentioned politics once. I don't know what was said, but I can believe it.

What I usually do is look down the list of candidates and see who's most likely to save his deposit with an extra vote and give it to him/her. But did you know that not all spoiled papers are discounted? Acting as an agent a couple of time we wer asked by the Returning Officer to give our verdict, if we all agreed the paper would still count. Those that had written on them such as "Grabbin' B*****ds" were discarded as was another that just had a four letter word written through the Conservative's name. Good fun though.

Last edited:

tortoise100

Reaction score
Sorry about last nights effort I was under strong medication and not feeling right, still not but not about to start again whoops.