Red letter session

L

Les Clark

The last six week`s have been a total nightmare for my wife and me,my father-in-law went into hospital for a minor op,two day`s later,4th july,he died,total shock,on top of that we could`nt bury him untill the 23rd.
We then get all the pressure,so on the 26th,on the spure of the moment we decided to go fishing for a few day`s,just to get away.
We went to one of our club lakes,a 26acre,full of carp and cat`s to 40lb plus,but being a sataday was quite full.
The lake is maybe 200yd`s wide with a couple of island`s for about 21 acre`s,then it narrow`s to a gap of about 60 yrd`s,then there is a small "lake" of about 5acre`s,80yrds wide.
There are only two swim`s,one on the gap,and another one 20 yd`s away.
They were both empty,we went into the 2nd one,which meant we had 4 acre`s to ourself`s.
I found a bar about 60yds right in front of me,spoded about 2killo`s of seedand maize,1 rod on boilies,1 on maize and 1 on peperarmy.
The bait`s went out about 6pm,sat back,had a cup of tea and waited.
About 1am,I had a drop back on the left hand rod,it stopped but the vibrasion mode gave a couple of bleep`s so i hit it,to be honest I thought it was a tench but at the net it went mad,after it had run for about the 5th time,I netted it,"bloody hell,that`s heavy".
A mirror of 32lb,on the nose,over the moon,a new p/b,if that as going to be the one and only fish of the session I still would have pleased,but it was`nt to be.
6pm ,a 27 15ounce common.
Monday,7am,22lb common
9am 14-15oz common
1pm 22-8oz common
3.45pm 28lb cmmon
4-50pm 17lb common
11-30pm 13lbcommon
You may think"so what,no big deal,Ive done better".
To me,after the crap we have had ,its just what the doctor ordered

L

Les Clark

I would just like to the above posting,that they would only take the boilies,and if Stu d`about,Stu,Im still useing long hooklength`s,12inch to 20inch,seems to work fine at the moment.

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Les seems you had just the pick me up you needed. I'm glad you caught well, because life can be a real bitch at times as we both know. If my direct e mail to you seemed flippant please excuse me I didn't know about the delays you had suffered. My sincere apologies.

L

Les Clark

Hi Richard,The last e-mail I received from you was about 2 weeks ago? No problem mate,still got things to do, but nearly there,then I can get back into the swing of things. Any joy with the bream?

N

Nick Austin

Great session....just sorry to hear the bad news that preceeded it!..i got my PB this week too, and it's a LOT less than that!

D

Dave Slater

Nice one Les. What a session. I hope you repeat it many times. Sorry to hear about your father in law. I had something similar happen to me in Novermer 2000. The rivers were flooded so I decided to concentrate on some stillwater chub. During this period my father in law died of lung cancer. There was also the sad death Peter Stone. I would have liked to have attended Peter's funeral but I couldn't as it was at the same time as the father in law's death. During this period I did exceptionally well with the stillwater chub. I caught my long aawaited first 'seven' at 7lb 2oz, plus three 'sixes' and numerous 'fives'. It is funny the way things go sometimes - pleasure/pain. I hope to read about you increasing your p.b. carp further soon. I bet the commons were nice. I have never caught a 20lb common.

D

Dave Rothery

You may "think so what,no big deal,Ive done better".

and most of them would be lying!!

nice one mate!

S

Stu Black

so what,no big deal,Ive done better- sorry I'm lying.

Well done Les cracking session!!And sad to hear about your bad news.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Les,
my condolencies to you and your family, and congrats on the fishing.

L

Les Clark

Thank`s to you all chap`s,I just had to get it off my chest, the good and the bad and im sure that my father in law (Mike)was giveing me a hand.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Again, my condolencies.

Well done on the catch mate,superb fishing.

M

Mike Lee

Great session Les and a perfect example of what fishing can mean to us.

Sorry to hear your sad news though.

Ozz Buchan

Reaction score
Excellent fishing mate, were all really very sorry to hear about your sad loss.
I'm well chuffed for ya tho with a session like that, they don't happen often but when they do ya don't forget em'
Speak to ya soon
Ozz nd Golden nd Dale.

G

goff dyer

Hi Les
my condoloncies to you and your family, what a session i wouldnt mind one of them fish!.

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
Les

Condoloncies from down under...

Sounds like one of my goldfish sessions, if you ever fancy 24hrs on a plane and some never seen a hook carp...you know who to call.

L

Les Clark

Kiwi,Your a cheeky sod,but your probably right,and thank`s for your offer,I may just take you up on that,cheer`s mate.

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
No worries, its all about fish in front of you......I had an interesting chat to guy last saturday I was on the river and this guy stopped and came over he said "it was good last year when the river flooded I shot 28 koi with my rifle in that field (pointing over shoulder) fed em to dogs....biggest was 37kilo!!!!!

I just thought cheers mate!!! or words to that effect.

I am still thinking of some kind of fishing venture shame the flight is so lon/expensive that is the one factor which kinda kills it in the water (pardon the pun)

We are all looking forward to spring and summer, speant the day out in 4x4 looking for acces points to river.....jesus its wild trees trees and more f***in trees LOL and if they arent on the bank there all in the water having fell in!!!!! during floods!!