2 for the price of one

A

Ashe Hurst

Took a friends son out for his first real bream session last week.
My own son was in a Kevin and Perry mood, so he wasnt going to spoil our fun and i left him at home.

settled down at the very popular club lake as a day ticket member, me on the feeder and my mates boy of 14 on the waggler.

14 hours non stop bream, skimmers, Roach and a pike of 11lb as i realed in a small Roach.
A blinding days fishing.

Anyway, the club bailiff came round to collect the dayticket fee. I handed over the cash for the two of us.
"im not taking any money for the Lad"
Oh, but i was willing to pay, but still he would not accept the lads cash.

Well couldnt complain with that.

Later as the evening drew in i set him up in the margins for his first Tench.
Had been giving him horror stories all day about Tench being a real hard fish to play, to not take his hands off the rod.
soon another club bailiff came round and asked for both our day tickets.
got my one out and produced it whilst explaining that the other bloke wouldnt accept a payment for the boy.

Expecting to be asked to pay up i was told " well if thats what he said thats ok"
Then he said, the boy was into to one.

To say the look of horror was on his face is an understatment, a quick shout of loosen the cluch from the bailif gave the fish a bit more line and the lad some control.

I lent over and took the rod to get a feel of things, S**t it was going for it and it was a big lump.
Here hold this, its yours.

A bit of coaching from the two adults soon saw Scott land his first Tench.

A 8lb fish any of us on FM would be proud of. Even the Bivvi Boys had a sneeky look over too.

So a great big thankyou to Thames mead fishing club at birchmeer and thanks for giving us locals a great mixed species lake to fish.
And yes im willing to pay all fees for day tickets in future for the fishing and advice.

that saved me a fiver, plenty of bait money for the river cray and two more bagging sesions of Roach, Roach/Bream hybrid, Rudd and perch, 20+ fish in 3 hours, all over 1lb and up to 3lb.

two very happy chappies

Probably blank this week.