My First Pupil

S

Shrek

Last night I took a friends young son fishing. Knowing he gtes bored quite easily I didn't expect things to be much of a success. How wrong could I have been.

From the start he took an interest in everything we did. Setting up the rod, finding the depth, shotting patterns, simple casting, feeding etc.

We fished for three hours. He caught 4 small roach and missed bites from countless others.

I managed 2 tench to 8oz and 1 6lb carp.

When we landed the carp, he was amazed at the fish. We took a picture of him holding it too, which made his evening.

Anyway, found out today, he dragged his Mum off to the local tackle shop to buy him his first rod. I said last night that if he wanted to get into it, I'd got some basic stuff he could have.

The thing I can't believe I suppose is that he was so interested and enthralled from the off. His Mum said that it was all he talked about when he got home.

Quite chuffed really. Can't wait to take him fishing again.

L

Les Clark

Adrian,Good on you mate,you must have been a good teacher,youngster`s get bored quickly,may it continue,keep us up to date on this one.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Well done Adrian, another member to our ranks....just watch you p.b.'s get beaten soon :eek:)