who would be a balliff

J

Jack Pike

I am a hon baliff for my local club and you just would,nt believe the hassle I get both off poachers and even some members.I,ve heard every excuse in the book. Some members moan about me not been around when there,s trouble about but do they relise I join the club to go fishing and also I got my own life to live and cant be on the water 24 hours a day I do not get paid for baliffing and I do voluntry so any other ballifs feel the same

L

Les Clark

Jack Pike,Have done it in the past,and I agree it is a thankless job,the clu b`s want a unpaid goffer,and the punter`s treat you like crap,////// if you let them,put your foot down mate,be firm but fair,and if that dosen`t work tell them to fluff off and let them take it on.

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
No chance I enjoy my fishing toooo much, the fisheries inspectors are asking to be armed in NZ now (well on certain jobs!!!)
we dont have any club bailiffs cos there aint no clubs......well none with waters!

I

IAN HOBKIRK

hello Jack&Les,
just volenteered to be a baliff for the new barbel society stretch at sutton on trent.
Any tips?

Or is it down to just common sense and disgression?

L

Les Clark

Hi Ian,yes youv`e got it in one,firm and fair,if you turn a blind eye,and let them get away with something,thier mate`s will want the same next time,slipprey slope.and don`t forget that your doing the job for free,for thier benefit,for your enjoyment.

I

IAN HOBKIRK

I dont think it will interfere with my fishing,any trouble and i will pull out my 2ft machette i carry in my holdall for choping down vegitation or what ever:).