Digital Diary..

J

John Pleasance

Wait till it overtakes you,then you're in trouble!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Two reasons for suspending the diary for the time being.

The first being that I've only just started fishing again regularly since the operation, and the other reason is that I'm only fishing short evening sessions at the moment, which is all I can manage, either for barbel or trout, and I'm concerned that constant reports of catching (or not, as the case may be) of river Dove barbel and fly-caught trout may prove boring.

Bad run? Maybe, as far as barbel are concerned, but not too bad with the trout. In two barbel sessions of three hours duration each with a borrowed rod, I've had a 5, two 7's, and an 8. Trouting has been a bit better with catches of 20 over 4, two catches of 21 over 4, and one of 31 over 4lb. Best fish has been 8lb, and I've had a few short sessions when I've had fewer fish.

I was fishing with Kryston boss Dave Chilton when I had the catch of 31 trout, and he'll confirm that I had 6 of those on dry fly, which I was more pleased about than all the others which fell to buzzers.

If enough of you would like to see the diary up and running again, in spite of it being dominated with barbel and trout, at least for time being, then I'm willing to drag it out of temporary retirement.

B

Birds Nest

I'd still like to read it, but its really up to you Graham!

S

Stuart Harvey

me too, someting to read is better than nothing to read

P

Paul Scattergood

Always worth a read Graham ... fishing is fishing Barbel or not.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Fred, me, watch soaps? I'm like most blokes in that I never watch them but when the wife switches them on (or somebody else, never me) and I'm forced to look at them for the odd second or two, I somehow get to know everything that's going on.

I mean, what real man admits to watching soaps?

But I just caught the end of East Enders the other night while the wife was watching, and do you know, Little Mo's going to be right upset when she finds out Billy's been conned again. But wait till Phil gets back off holiday, he might sort it out. Not much he can do about Gary though when he finds out that he's not the father of Laura's baby.

Anyway.......

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

No Graham --Start a "soaps update series" instead ........and you could call it "Soaps Diary"

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Now that's a good plan, and in the best soaps you would never blank, not with fish, crumpet, anything!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Made an entry today: <a href=http://www.fishingmagic.com/specart/specart.asp?sp=&v=1>Digital Diary</a>