france

C

chris smedley

is there any one going to maurepaire
on the 12th off may frome the east midlands area ie nottingham and want a traveling partner

C

Carp Angler

I wish ! ! ! ! ! !

Only one trip to France a year I'm afraid and that's in October.
I want that 66lb mirror :eek:)

G

Gary Knowles

No chance of that mate - It'll be in my arms by Friday night !

C

Carp Angler

There's only one thing that'll be in your arms....
and he's got pink reels....

C

Chris Smedley

to gary knowles as you havent got a good reply do not bother replying to my add

M

Mike Fidler

Chris, it's not an advert, this is the forum, we all comment on what anyone says.

A group of us are off to DDI in October and the two above think they will have the big 66.

Fat chance, It's mine I tell you!!!!

G

Gary Knowles

Rik,

I very much doubt he'll be bringing his pink reels with you lot of p*ss takers on the lake !

C

Chris Smedley

yes it is a forum . you will blank you***************

M

Mike Fidler

Chris,

take a deep breath and have a look at other threads on this web site. As you will see most people have reasoned and informative answers with a bit of mickey taking on the side, but it's all done in a freindly atmosphere. Most of the guys know each other from meeting up at fish-ins round the country so join in with us or take the attitude somewhere else.

A

andrew jackson

With all due respect Chris. I think most people would be vary cautious of travelling with a stranger, who quite obviously, has a short fuse and an attitude. No disrespect intended just an observation.

C

Chris Smedley

yes it is a good obsevation.
were is DDI
pink reels NO you cant have.

as you all get on the same buss and go to maurepaire to gether what a better way to get to know each other and no ihavent got a short temper.

I do not know any one off you from adam
so i did not take it as a joke.
I will know better next time
hope you have a good time in france i know i will as i did last year .
first time in france and betterd my PB every time i hade a carp what about this six30 four20 and one lost cat fish

A

andrew jackson

Cannot help you with your travel arrangements, as personally I do not go to France. But now we are all back on a civil tone, I would like to wish you the best of luck. Both with the search for a travel partner and for your trip.
Sence of humor, not essential on here but it does help.
I am a relative new poster on here and some of the humor can be a little subtle at times. But they are a good bunch, so I would recomend allways give them the benifit of the doubt, and you wont go far wrong.
Tight Lines Chris
I hope we have not scared you off.

M

Mike Fidler

Domaine Des Illes is in North Eastern France, follow the link on the home page of fishing magic. Todate the biggest out is a 66lber but there are lots of 40's and 30's.

Gary Knowles has a mate that goes fishing with him called the Gay Emblem. The reference about pink reels was directed at Gary and his mate not you Chris. Glad to see you lightening up and joining in.

tony cox

Reaction score
chris i will be going to maurepaire in july please let me know how you got on and what peg you fished best of luck tony

C

Chris Smedley

hi tony just got back to day 20th may the weather
was wet wet wet and very wet the fishing was slow and hard ass the fish was spawning but they would be finished as you get there .
i fished peg 4 and had three 30+ four 20+ one 17
one 18 and the best fish of the week a 46-12lb mirror .
the best tatics was finding the carp holes and useing single hook baits only .
best of luck and keep in touch.

C

Carp Angler

Sounds a good result considering the weather and the fish.

Nice one Chris.

46, good lump.......piccies and report to follow?

R

Ray Wood

Hi All, As my first little trip into the French fishing scene is only 4 weeks away, nerves are mounting. Has anyone fished Chalet Lake in Metz this year, if so can you tell me what bait is going & on what pegs, I'm just trying to get a bit of an edge over the other France-Fishing veterans I'm going with. Any help would be useful, heck, last years results would be something, please ...... Anybody

Thanks
Ray

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Ray, I haven't been for about 5 years but at that time tiger nuts were the going bait, and boilies over tigers and a good particle mix like Hinders Partiblend. The best swim is about 200yds down from the chalet, opposite the bay. And the two swims each side of the bay are good too. Under the bushes along the far bank at the opposite end to the chalet score too. These are good swims for the grass carp which we had to 39lb.

Rowing out in an inflatable from the chalet side to about 150yds and spreading the particles was the thing to do, dropping the hookbaits over the side while you're there. Then a top up of bait through the day with a baitboat as you drop the hookbaits in.

Hope that helps.

G

Gary Knowles

Ray,

I too have fished Chalet, its a beatiful place and full of tremendous fish, but unlike a lot of French waters its not easy.

I'm a bit busy at the moment but if you drop me an email off the list I will send you a detailed reply next week.

Cheers

Gary

R

Ray Wood

Thanks Graham, Gary Great help.
I'll get down to the local & try & Pick up some tiger nut & particle bait, gives me a slight edge anyway (hopefully).
& I'll send you an e-mail Gary, I'm not going for about 4 weeks so no rush for reply.
But thanks again chaps !