The most unlucky things that have ever happened to you?

A Wayne

Reaction score
Earlier today I hooked into what seemed to look like a carp of around the 17lb mark. I fight it all the way to the bank and get the net ready, I lift the rod high in order to get it in and the weight of the fish breaks my knot just as it was half in. S**T (That would've been my pb too, my fault)

ian hewett

Reaction score
Bad luck mate I had a similar experience last weekend a rod went off for the first time on the Sunday morning after being fishless since Saturday morning and lost it, knot went at the hook eye totally my fault it was one you tye and think that will do. I should know better as I have been a very keen angler for twenty years. So I have learnt from it and its double checking now. One tip I can give is buy a bottle of Kryston Bondage a small application then rubbed in with a cocktail stick will give you alot more confidence, but if your having problems tying then get some friendly Angler to help tye up a few basic knots its much easier than doing it from diagrams on your own.

Regards Ian

B

Barry Edney

Remember, "That'll do" wont do! Re-tie them hooks again and again until you get it right.

M

Mike Lee

I always feel unlucky when I look at each of my chosen traps mid-morning to find all the freebies gone and just my hookbait left there.

With hindsight, I shouldn't feel unlucky, I should feel just not good enough (YET).

B

BUDGIE BURGESS

Not wanting to sound nasty but knots breaking is bad angling not bad luck.Knots like line and hooks should never break.The greatest of attention should be paid to these three things,far more important than any rod,reel or any other item of tackle.Any way lecture over.Learn your lesson the hard way...same as most of us have had to!

C

Cakey

my knots are ok,pulled in a 50" brolly full of mud....with a carp still on !

R

Ron Clay

Having my car trashed by cows on the Trent at Sutton, and losing what might have been a dirty great barbel today.

R

Ron Clay

You can't blame cows for doing what come naturally.

Yes I alway carry my Zulu spear. Bob Roberts saw the shaft I screw it into.