Three lakes

daren heslop

Reaction score
Im a new comer to carp fishing that lives quite close to selby.
How would u rate three lakes difficulty wise from one to ten.

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Is 1 hardest, or 10. I just ask, as like me I believe you caught bugger all at Selby. Apologies if I'm incorrect.

L

Les Clark

Richard,Not surprised with all that food,booze,and that cat wailing(singing?)at night.

L

Les Clark

Daren,From the little I know of three lakes.I understand it is a hard water,due to the amout of fishing pressure,a top water well worth a few trip`s,I can`t rate it from 1-10,have only fished it the once.

Ozz Buchan

Reaction score
Daren,
I'll get Lee to give u the low down on it
tonight.
For him it's a 1 for me it's a 10!

Ozz Buchan

Reaction score
Hiya mate,
Give me a ring later, but Golden Balls just got the midas touch, he fished individually against 70 other anglers.......yeah he won!!
I'll fill you in on the detail after.

L

Les Clark

Hi,mate,Good on you both fishing in that heat,and congratiuation`s to golden ball`s,he deserve`s all he get`s,he put`s the work in,im getting my head down soon,(on night`s),give me a ring late afternoon,if you can(rest of the week).

Ozz Buchan

Reaction score
Alrite Darren, its Lee, Ozz's son cant get on to my log in for some reason so i'll have to give you the info i can from here.
basically mate its not a very easy water and i wouldn't recommend starting on the water if you've just started try some where a bit easier where you're gonna get a few more runs, but if you still decide to go on selby, because of the angling pressure try and go some where a bit quiter on the lake. I know that when there's a lot of pressure on there the fish seem to stack up in NO CARP corner, you can have a look at the pegs on their website, this peg is a peg to be careful on tho because you get anglers on there who basically ruin there chances before even setting up properly because they go in hammering banksticks and bivvy pegs in, idealy you want to set your bivvy up as far back as possible and same with your rods and i would say back leads are an essential but put them the other way where your rods are pointing so it pins more of your line to the lake bed. if your fishing other pegs around the lake try getting a peg where theres a cut thro especially if its hot because the carp will definetly pass thro try putting a bit of bait on one or two rods and just try a single or small p.v.a bag on the other. i hope i've give you enough info to help you catch one from there and let us know how you go on if you go to three lakes. all the best Lee(Golden Balls)