Painting a scenario

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
Its a Game.

We will try to paint a scenario for ourselves, and I will try to start the ball rolling, all we need in return are truthfull answers. Here goes.

1. People who do not fish, and this is only in my experiance, They think that we are slightly nuts.(true or false).

2. I've met loads of people who loved the John Wilson programes without ever understanding a thing about what was ever going on.(Why)

3. My mates actualy now think I must be good at it, for no other reason than the fact that I've been doing it for so feckin long.(and there wrong)

4. Over to you.

C

Cakey

1. WE ARE NUTS.......but I've only ever met one person that thought I was mad ,they turned out to be a greeny.

2.My mum and sister love John Wilson and watch him when they can and they deffo aint got a clue.

3.I agree with your mates.

4. over to you.

C

Cakey

when I say I agree with your mates what I mean is we are all good fishermen, I've fished loads of fish-ins matches etc and dont tink Ive met a real bad angler,a couple of morons on the way but they had the skills.

J

john conway

1. My mates and work colleagues, definitely think I’m nuts because I fish at night, well mostly late evenings, but if it’s dark then it’s night as far as they’re concerned.
2. My mates and work colleagues, think it’s the most boring, mind numbing pastime in the world, but then they’ve never fished all night waiting for that one big fish, then bang it's on and ho boy is it exciting.
3. My mates and work colleagues, would empty there guts at the thought of siting in the company of some of the nights wild life not to mention handling, maggots, cutting up worms and struggling trying to get a nice big black slug on the hook.

Over to you …………..

F

Fred Bonney

1. True...'you sit there all day...and put it back???'
2.'I like that John Wilson though,but you wouldn't catch me sitting on the bank all day boring'
3.'What, you sat there for 6 hours for nothing? bonkers'
4.Next!

L

Les Clark

Everything you all have said is 100%,I don`t consider fishing as a hobby,as most of you would agree,it`s a way of life,if I didn`t fish, I would go NUT`S,but people at work who don`t fish, tend to nod their head`s and try to humour me"silly old git",
but fair play,everybody to their own.

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
I've blanked for the last 20 odd visits to the big lake in search of Bream, the non fishers who I know can't get their headsroundthe fact that I have enjoyed the challenge and Im keener than ever to get back.

When fishing from the punt at Blenheim this year, numerous people stopped on the footpath and asked us questions which showed their ignorance of what was going on, but they were all facinated in some strange way.

I

Ian Whittaker

Fishing is a simple pastime in which you can set your own targets .
Last night I saw and photograghed a 36+ cat caught by Shaun T- the first 30+ fish i've seen on the bank (in a fishing career of over 30 years) and remarkably the following morning I did the honours for Shropshire Bill who had taken a 33+.Me? I managed to fluff a good run in the night but I was happy seeing the other lads catch.I was in the right place at the right time but it obviously wasn't my turn . I get back to work and the lads say " 2 days and you caught nothing?", I smile and think of me sitting there the night before watching the badgers feeding on our bread!

T

Terry Comerford

True, they cannot understand that we still go in all types of weather!
I tell people to watch the John Wilson
programmes to get a better understanding of the sport, then they ask why doesn't he go out in bad weather?
My mates can't understand why theres no indoor venues so we don't have to go out in bad weather!
Have we changed into a fine weather race?