Swans

R

Ron Clay

I have noticed that this summer, I have seen fewer swans than normal.

How about you?

J

John McLaren

If you want some Ron there's hundreds of them on Southport Marine Lake - never seen so many in one place in my life!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

thank God Ron -------I hate the bloody things ....they should have a total cull of them

A

alan outen

a place near me has loads now. im not saying where as i think they are a lovey looking bird and would hate to see them all be killed and eaten

L

Les Clark

There are shedload`s down here mate,but geese are getting fewer.

I

IAN HOBKIRK

Not seen many on the Trent but seen quite a few on the smaller shallower rivers.

I

IAN HOBKIRK

Find out who these people are and tell them that the Cormerents make better eating.

E

but cormorants dont make better eating ........

R

Ron Clay

Tell them that cormorants DO make better eating.

Shurrup Eddie!!

E

ohhhhhhh I get it Ron you want to keep and eat all the swans yourself ..............

A

Ashe Hurst

This goes to show anglers are the eyes and ears of our waters.

Eddie, i will take your comment as a wise crack.

If we are seen to take due care of our wildlife, seen to notice changes, report those changes and do something constructive about it, then it will give less Ammo to the antis. It will also educate the Non angling community and new commers to our past time.

We got a lot of flack over Swans and lead shot, line and hooks.
things have changed because we acted, it is however a very small group of idiots or the novice who may cause problems.

Its these people we need to educate to protect all of our angling waters and angling its self.

I never encourage wild birds to feed near me whilst fishing, but they are acustomed to people with good intentions to see man as a provider of food.

try feeding them away from your swim, bet they follow you back.

E

You can take my comment how you like ............
I know whether it was or not.......

P

Phil Hackett

Eddy
Are you suggesting that Ron was part of that Midlands Specimen group in the early 70s that always had roast Swan on the table at their annual bash?

E

He used to go to them as did I

........and certain other people (who shall remain nameless)

and very tasty nights they were too----- both food and strippers were exotic heheheh

...........late 60s early 70s it was

D

Dave Slater

Eddie,
I hate swans as well. The main problem I have is that if the parasites (illegals, asslylums etc.) get fined ?5,000 for eating them I bet some do gooder will have their fine money paid from OUR tax money and give it to the RSPB. Great country we live in !!

R

Ron Clay

And the 90s mate.

Cov Specimen group it was.

Old nervous Merv used to do all the preparations.

E

Shhhhhhh Ron

Were you at the one where they had that blue comic with the trombone and string of strippers ?????

or the one with the bird with massive jugs who played the piano and got me up and had me sitting on her knee singing 'Climb upon my knee Sonny Boy 'with my head snuggled into her chest ........
The strippers used to writhe around on the floor getting covered in cigarette ends etc..
Those were the days .....

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Remember the one where she dipped her Fux Heavy Hangers into your pint and let you.........