E Bay: Again

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Having decided on my new Bite Alarms I took a look on E-bay and was 'watching' a used Delkim Txi Plus with Purple Haze LEDs

The alarm was just now won at 104 pounds plus 5 pounds 40 P&P

So, that is a total of 109.40 pounds (French keyboard doesn't have the pound symbol, b.t.w.)

Now, for just 18 pounds and a penny more you could have bought a brand new one, P&P Free and got the 2 years guarantee with it.

Go figure!

I think I'll be ordering some brand new ones later on today.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Got fed up of the silver bottle top and the twig systems then Peter?

Well Graham, the old Heron Bite Indicators packed it in recently, and despite being given all those 'spares' from Mr. Marsden I decided to go all 'modern' in the end.

I would have thought that a second hand delkim of that age and specification might have been worth about 80 pounds to be honest.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Good choice Peter, I've got a pair of Delks lovely they are too.

There's some nutters on Ebay! Perhaps the seller had a mate pushing the price up?

r1paul

Reaction score
That is a good point Peter , you have to check the retail price on items before bidding and take into account the p&p , we all have seen small items which the seller wants silly money to send it out .:rolleyes: :eek:

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
It's like the Shimano reels I sold last autumn, 2 for 87.50 and post on top. The guy could have bought two brand new RE models (about the same class) for just £90, post paid.

PS. Nowt wrong with my little Fox MXs. Cheap and cheerful and they work.

richiekelly

Reaction score
Well Graham, the old Heron Bite Indicators packed it in recently, and despite being given all those 'spares' from Mr. Marsden I decided to go all 'modern' in the end.

I would have thought that a second hand delkim of that age and specification might have been worth about 80 pounds to be honest.

mention of the old heron bite indicators reminded me of slightly breezy nights and constant false alarms from the bite indicators but at the time i thought they were the dogs danglers