Dog Biscuits?

Carpfish_2004

Reaction score
Whenever I use a bait band they turn away, whenever I put them on a hair rig they see the hook, when I soak them and then hook them they come off easy. whenever I glue the buggers they come off and it takes ages to put them back on. The only real way is to paint the hook brown, that reduces the amount of turn aways. Is there any better method?

B

BUDGIE BURGESS

Danny I reckon your problem isnt so much the hook but FNS (floating nylon syndrome) Ask any trout fly fisherman about this! Try degreasing the foot or so of line above the hook so that the line sits in or just under the surface film.You will find that you get a lot,lot less last minute turnaways with this.Floating line casts a shadow and flashs in the bright sun conditions that most of us floater fish in.Give it a go before you start worrying about your hook.
As for the bait,for many years I just used a softened mixer on the hook (in fact normaly 2 on a size 2 Jack Hilton but for the past few years I have just used an artificial mixer made from cork.Once feeding confidently on the freebies (IMO the secret of good floater fishing) they seem happy to take the artificial.

C

canal stalker

I agree with budgie on this one ,forget about your hook and try degreasing your line.I've tried it and it works.Degrease a foot upto two foot if you feel the need using the good old washing up liquid if you have nothing else. Then put two softened mixers on a 3/4 to 1 inch hair rig on a size 4 or 6 kamasan barbless hook.
Hope you have success with this, its definately worth a try. Goodluck...