the price of carp baits

D

Denis Goulding

Hi all,
I went to stock up on various bait for a trip to the local fishery the weekend ,here is what i bought.
KOI STIM PELLETS....4.75
CSL PELLETS.........7.50
TOTAL HEMP PELLETS..7.50
SOURCE BOLIES.......13.00
SOURCE GLUG.........11.00
GREEN ZING POP UP...8.50
SOURCE POP UPS......8.50
BANNANA AND PINEAPPLE ..12.00

TOTAL...................72.75 EURO'S

jUST wondering if how these prices compare to the uk..

Regards,
Denis

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Green Zing here are around ?5.50

8.50 EUR = ?5.92 GBP

Got enough bait for your trip?????????

D

Denis Goulding

Warren,
Just a bit dearer not bad i suppose.I thought i was being robbed ah well..
Warren, i am new to the carping scene,i am just 3 years fishing for them properly and with some thought.I might have too much bait i don't know,how would u attack a new fishery,lots of small fish in the lake, 12 tench, but the majority are carp, there are about 20 fish between 10-16 pounds carp of course, 16lber being the biggest landed so far and she/he was caught last year. Bigger fish have been seen , hooked and lost, i have had 3 doubles in the last 2 weeks, best 15lb and a p.b at that.. The lake is going to be stocked again october with bigger fish,but at the moment i am trying to target the bigger fish present in the lake at the moment.Any advice would be gratefully appreciated..

Regards
Denis

D

Dave Rothery

10kg of bait a day wouldnt over do it (i'm not suggesting you try) 10-15lb carp can easily eat 1lb each a day.

should be about 30kg cakey?

D

Dave Rothery

and well done on the pb mate. didnt we say smelly fishmeals ;)

D

Denis Goulding

Cakey,
I think its the one kilo bag as thats all it is sold in over here, i will have a look and mail back later.
Carp baits are slow getting into this country,no betaine pellets ????.some of the baits that you guys talk about all the time might get over here in 10 years time.I reckon that we are at least 10 years behind u guys.All rigs and hooks,alrms etc are avaiable though..
Dave,
Bang on with fishmeal, thanks.Would you switch around between method and staright led, the fish seem to leave the methods alone most of the time and take the hook bait, therefore i was thinking about single baits with pva bags or a couple of stringers..awahst do u think.
Murray,
Ewe pellets 25 kg's for 4.50 sterling, where can u get them and what are they like, made up of,,etc..

Thanks for all the advice guys talk to u later.

Regards.
Denis

D

Dave Rothery

csl pellets ARE ewe pellets/ewe nuts. just in a different bag. go to a farm supplies place. you can also get trout pellets (most contain betaine anyway) particles (pigeon feeds) mollases, csl liquid......all you need in fact!

D

Denis Goulding

Dave,
Thanks a million i will go and have a good root around..Thanks again..
egards,
Denis

B

Bill Cox

Anyone know where i can lay my hands on some Mainline monster Pursuit boilies ? I really rate them but my tackle shop no longer stocks them.Bar that I need a good alternative ,they were fishmeal based i think not sweet or fruity.I want to fish Assasinate pop ups over them.
Regards Bill

W

Phone 0114 2756 756

And ask for CODE KN694w 15/20mm 1kg ?9.99

F

Fred Bonney

Just got a 25kg bag of prime Ewe 18 Cake at ?4.92
Makeup; Wheat,Maize gluten feed,wheatfeed,palm kernel exp,rape seed ext,sunflower ext,molassed sugarbeet pulp,cane molasses,vegetable oil,maize distillers dark grains etc etc.
Before I put it to use,is this Ewe nuts?

D

Dave Rothery

surely it rams nuts? ;)

i've never looked at makeup (wol'll probably cut'n'paste something!) but i dont think it really matters. its got all the right bits'n'pieces in it, the fish'll soon tell you if its no good. and whats 1kg groundbait cost?

F

Fred Bonney

Very tasty, Ram's nuts,but never used them for bait!! Thanks

W

Get em going in Fred, BAG UP TIME wiv them mate.

Copy n paste, who me? never!

C

Cakey

Get em going in Fred, BAG UP TIME wiv them mate.

Copy n paste, who me? never!

R

Roto Fryer

ewe nuts are fine but you want ones with the maize gluten (csl) listed first if possible