digital scales

J

Jim Hinchley

Im contemplating buying a new set of digital scales and wondered what other forum users experiences with em was.
Which ones do you recommend and which are dogs ?
Spec needs to be upto 20lb , minimum increment 1oz and reasonably lightweight.
I know usually you get what you pay for but im not looking to pay the earth and dont expect it to come with its own burglar alarm.

Advice please gentlemen.

jim

S

Sascha Welsch

Salter Digital 55lbs in 1/2oz divisions (and KG/g and decimal if required). Not cheap at about ?75/80 but had them for two seasons now and they are still superb. Just buy a decent weigh bar as the plastic thing supplied isn't too good.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I'll second that ---the full name of them is --Salter electroSamson Weigh-Tronix--

K

Karl Miles

I've got the Rapala ProGuide ones which go upto 50lb in 1oz increments. It's displays in pounds and ounces (not pounds and a decimal), and you can store 10 weights in the memory. The display is clear and there's a backlight for night fishing. They cost me under ?30 brand new in the packing via an eBay auction.

J

John Pleasance

Berkley make a digital set that go to 20lb,I think they were ?30.They also make a 50lb set for ?40, these are easier to hold(than the 20lb ones), water resistant, and float if you drop them in.They do both display in decimal pounds but it's not that difficult to multiply by 1.6.

The 50lb set fits very snugly in a tupperware type bacon box with a layer of 12mm ethafoam top and bottom and around all the sides.

S

stuart palfrey

I have some Berkleys 50lb set.They have a battery that never needs to be changed,they are good.But still prefer my Rueben Heatons for my pike fishing.