Boilie Jackets

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
I must confess that when I first read this I thought, "yep, not a bad idea if you're in France, but wouldn't aid my fishing over here", then on second glance I thought about the texture side of things. I'm certainly an angler who tries to consider all my options and looking into these jackets they may just give you the edge from a 'touchy-feely' perspective being that the feel will be totally different from the norm. As the song says, 2 out of 3 aint bad!

1- good for avoiding the cray
2- a completely different texture
3 - not sure about the flavour cayying though, but hey, we live and learn!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Good points Stuart. You may be interested to hear that the jacket itself can be flavoured and holds the flavour for quite a long time. I'm still using them and finding them more 'interesting' the longer I do. The point you make about texture is, as you say, well worth noting.

D

Dave Rothery

what about soaking them in liver, csl, ambio, fish oil, nrg liquid, etcetcetc. put them around a drilled bullet/stone for something a bit different

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
The flavour carrying for me would be a tough one to crack anyway Graham. I?m well and truly over the colouring side of baits, but the flavouring side is still a bigger picture thing for me. I would recommend those who are sold on a particular bait flavouring for a chosen water should go for it with these clever little gadgets, but I?m still sorting out how long a flavour should sit in the water over and above my other free offerings. I haven?t gone to the extremes of others and placed a big handful of baits into a bowl of lake water 24 hours before a session, but, there is some great merit in that kind of thinking. If I was to use the jackets for any of my fishing flavouring preferences it would definitely be for winter carping.

At first glance I would use them on a single bright hookbait to increase its flavour! There you go mate, 3 out of 3 ain?t bad!

R

Rodney Wrestt

Hi Stu, good to see you posting again.

I'm wondering if they would stand up to a hungry cray or two, if they're made of the type of foam used in headphones they can't be very durable as I find the earphone pads tear very easily.

G

Gary Franklin

Taking Grahams suggestion on board any ideas where to ge them from?