Trentham Gardens

T

Tom Allcock

Can anyone help me out, Ime going to be fishing Trentham Gardens soon after a break of fifteen years, I would be grateful for any advice on swims etc. Obviously I dont expect to be put onto fish that some one has been after all season! just a gentle guide as to which end of the lake they may be favouring! Its such a massive lake to start again at as it were, any suggestions would be gratfuly recieved. Thanks lads.

C

Cakey

80 acres massive ? naaaa

most are that size round here and the two Ive been fishing in France 500acres and 3000acres

theres only one secret on big waters .......find the fish,its to long wait for them to come to you.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Me n Cakey dont fish em if there under 100 acres, we like a challenge rather than some pastie bashers on here!!!!

C

Cakey

Yeah Stu and Frothey wont fish a lake if its over 5 acres and has to be heaving wiv singles

W

Yeah, maybe thats where the term 'cornish Pastie' came from then?

W

And Roto, needs a good stocking of arm wrenching weed.

:eek:)

C

Cakey

Anyway me and Wol reckon a prebaiting campain might work but dont let anyone see you putting it in as our Graham loves a freebie......

W

Yeah,he is known as the whippet and will beat u out the car park to your swim.

D

Dave Johnson

what are you fishing for Tom-carp or bream?
if its bream, best bet is have a walk around when the matches are on (check local press -Sentinel/Newsletteif its carp, well its a hard water so I'm told, and if you walk the bank, the locals never catch.....but theyr'e there every week!

David Preston

Reaction score
Behind the island, in the water ski area is worth a look - and not just tight to the island, down the middle has some form.