Rain

• Thread starter Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt
  • Start date
W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Just started raining here, cant remember the last time it did. Some of the rivers look terrible, the lakes are low, lets hope it continues for a while. My grass also looks shite!

I

IAN HOBKIRK

Spot on Warren hissing it down in sheffield too,lets hope it livens up the rivers? fishing tommorrow will soon find out.

J

John Pleasance

Couple of heavy showers down here in Hants, but nothing to get excited about yet.

My grass looks like grass,but browner.

R

Ron (Rontroversial) Clay

Lets hope the weather pattern has changed. River fishing has not been too good although I'll see what the Trent produces this weekend.

S

Stuart Bullard

..........pissing down in Kent.

But my grass is lovely and green. Dont know why.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

And its STILL raining.

Ahhhhh, yes, the RAWHIDE, lets hope so eh!

F

Fred Bonney

All day in N.Lincs,trying the Trent tomorrow
or maybe today!!

D

Dave Slater

We only had the shower John P mentioned yesterday and my mate Bill and I enjoyed the now customary blank. It has been raining nearly all night and is still raining now. The fish in my pond are going mental. I am getting quite excited at the prospect of my next trip on Sunday. Let's hope it lives up to expectations. I hope we have a fair amout of rain before Autumn sets in. Prospects should then be good.

J

john conway

It rained a we bit in the Dales yesterday but it's made no difference to the Ribble. It's supposed to rain today but nothings happened yet 12:30hrs. Going fishing tomorrow no matter what, some fish are coming out of the Ribble but it's hard work. Eels are a real pain in the backside even making false runs on 22mm pellets. Good old fashioned bread flake and long hook lengths seems to have kept the number of blanks down, however, having now put that in print I’m bound to get a good run of blanks!!!!!!!!!!

D

Dave Rothery

p!ssed down here from about 2am till 9am. bright sunshine now though! salmon anglers will probably be a bit happier with some fresh water coming down

G

Gary Knowles

Murray / Wol,

Rawhide eh ?,

does that mean like me you'll be 'rolling, rolling, rolling...?'

J

John Pleasance

There's about 20mm in my rain gauge now.

OK, I haven't really got a rain gauge,I just left a bait box out in the garden by mistake.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
John,

Glad to hear that finally there is some rain falling.
Hopefully, the UK heatwave is now over and we'll be getting even more to make the Avon a lot more fishable.

R

Ron (Rontroversial) Clay

John, that's fairly accurate you know.

By the way I love to hear you all loving the rain.

I must be training you all to be good South Africans.

I was a big thing amongst South Africans to phone each other and find out how much rain each other had got, country wide. We all had rain gauges in our gardens.

L

Les Clark

Have had it all day down here in whitstable,(Kent),look`s like we have got a couple more day`s of it to come,super!