angling club insurance

pete scarth

Reaction score
Has ,anyone out there got any info or contacts for insurance for a small syndicate[48 members],we lease are water,and have several work partys and matches over a season.I have seen a few quotes but they are very vague on the work party score ie: members using tools .Would really appreciate any advice,cheers.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Try Towergate - 0113 384 4053 - or -

I personally would recommend -
Ann Patterson - Commercial Account Handler
Clarke Roxburgh Insurance Brokers Ltd
Jenkins House
15 Foregate Street
Worcester WR1 1DB
Telephone : 01905 26561

She was very helpful and took the time explaining all the different policies. If you ring her, mention my name and Thames Valley Anglign Association by all means.

pete scarth

Reaction score
angling insurance

hi jeff thanks for the info much appreciated ,will give them a try regards pete.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Re: angling insurance

+++ WARNING +++ WARNING +++ WARNING +++

Think you've been ripped off with insurance premiums being hiked up recently?

I gave the above information last year and recommended Clarke Roxburgh, now part of the Jelf group. This year they have sent our renewal, we haven't made any claims, and their premiums have increased by -

105%
beat that! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

How can that be? How many anglers have had claims made against them? It's money for old rope, profit all the way, fat cats living off our fear.

It's not like car insurance where premiums have gone up 35% or so because so many now are claiming for twisted necks and crook backs after a very minor accident, anglers rarely have accidents.

Welcome to rip-off Britain again!

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
That's worrying Jeff

We renewed through Clarke Roxborough in Feb this year and the premium was virtually unchanged from last year. (it's the old ACA policy type).

Will make time to check next year, may have to reconsider the ATr version which I didn't think was as good.

Stu

904_cannon

Reaction score
Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The P

How can that be? How many anglers have had claims made against them? It's money for old rope, profit all the way, fat cats living off our fear.

It's not like car insurance where premiums have gone up 35% or so because so many now are claiming for twisted necks and crook backs after a very minor accident, anglers rarely have accidents.

Welcome to rip-off Britain again!

An Ass'n I'm involved with recently received a letter from one of the 'No Win No Fee' solicitors claiming their 'client' had sustained serious injury at a fishery and had been unable to work since. The 'incident' took place almost two years ago and its just come to light. However on investigating (by a club member) the star wittiness, who is claimed saw the accident, was actually out of the UK on the day in question (getting married) and had refused to sign a statement.

All N/E Clubs now know so he'll be lucky to get fishing next year :D But I forget, he's so badly injured he cant work ;)

In view of Jeff's insurers hike in prices the AT and its policy might be worth considering

My sons car insurance premium went up over 100% just through notifying a change in the keepers address, from Durham City to Hartlepool - they hang monkeys, don't they? ;)

Last edited:

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score

In view of Jeff's insurers hike in prices the AT and its policy might be worth considering
I've been on to Perkins Slade who do the ATr insurance and they won't speak to us unless we're a member of the ATr. Fine, but when we have spoken to the ATr in the past there is no category that fits us, we are not a club, we are not a consultative, and we are not a riparian owner. Therefore we cannot join the ATr - therefore Perkins Slade can't talk to us. Their loss!

I've been on to Towergate and now on to Meads Sports Insurance.

PS: They're all a bit funny in Hartlepool and think the Napoleanic Wars are still on!

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
That's more personal tackle insurance, Fred. I want public liability and trustees protection, maybe employers liability insurance sometime. There's only four player in this game that I can find, but I'm sure the BS must have PL insurance fro their waters, who is it?

904_cannon

Reaction score
Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The P
In reply to Jeff, I'm sure that one of the local NE Clubs did get cover from the AT/PS specifically for its bailiffs using chain saws etc
- at least that is what its Secretary told me.

I must admit that Perkins Slade have never been very helpful and the last time I enquired over a particular issue (juniors fishing overnight alone)
I was told to contact the AT. If they (AT) said we would have cover then that would be OK :confused:

As I advised on another thread, contact Mark Lloyd either by phone/e-mail.
Dear old Fred French was still giving good advice almost to the end.

I'm not sure whether this (from the EA Freshwater Forum Draft Constitution) of any help:-

11.2 It is understood that Civil and Public Liability risks arising from the advisory, administrative work, meetings and seminars organised by the
AT Freshwater Forum are covered by the umbrella insurance arranged by and for the Angling Trust.

Last edited:

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score

+++ WARNING +++ WARNING +++ WARNING +++

Think you've been ripped off with insurance premiums being hiked up recently?

I gave the above information last year and recommended Clarke Roxburgh, now part of the Jelf group. This year they have sent our renewal, we haven't made any claims, and their premiums have increased by -

105%

beat that! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

How can that be? How many anglers have had claims made against them? It's money for old rope, profit all the way, fat cats living off our fear.​

It's not like car insurance where premiums have gone up 35% or so because so many now are claiming for twisted necks and crook backs after a very minor accident, anglers rarely have accidents.​

Welcome to rip-off Britain again!​

Jeff

get a claim in and get some money back - fell over a fag packet will do these days:D