Straight to......

Kevan Martin

Reaction score
Kevin,

Spot on, and not for the first time. I learnt my trade without having either parents that fished, just a mum who liked to watch and a dad that could drive ( until I was allowed out on the bike that is ). That was about 30 years ago when I started, pre school almost. Catching, or trying to anyway, anything that swam. Still the same now, I enjoy the fishing that I do, matches that is. This may not be to everybodies liking but for me I could not spend hours sitting behing a pair of rods waiting for a bleep etc. I like to think that I passed my test on the small stuff but I didn't fancy going for the advanced driving course.

Cheers

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Kevin,

Thanks for a truly entertaining article.

Go straight to [insert species], do not pass stick float fishing, totally avoid wag' and mag' certainly don't bother to learn watercraft and instantly become an "expert"

Got to love your "alternative" view.

Keep 'em coming - please.

L

Les Clark

Kevin,spot on,I must admit this is a subject,that I do get on my soapbox about,the fact that people,with a big woad of dosh,will read a mag,go out and buy shed load`s of gear and more or less demand that they should catch a big tench,pike,carp ect.
And if they don`t,the gear or the bait must be crap,or there`s sod all in the water.
But on the up side,they soon get bored and jack it in.

C

Chris Bishop

Perky's spot-on as ever. Made me want to track him down and have a few hours on the bank putting the world to rights with him.

D

Dave Rothery

yeah les, its a case of "straight to ebay" for a lot of them!

L

Les Clark

Dave, has long as their selling ,I don`t mind that,more for me!