Cameras

G

Gary Franklin

I am looking for a new digi cam. has anyone got any suggestions for a suitable and v.good camera to take bank side. must be relatively easy to use, especially at night.

C

Chris Bishop

Wife has a Nikon Coolpix 3100 - brilliant results, 3mps, several flash modes etc.

The technology's moving so fast there are some real bargains in the 3mp bracket at the moment.

D

Dave Rothery

personally olympus c5050. 5mp and about ?550 now
stick to olympus, nikon, fuji and canon and you wont go wrong

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
I've got the Nikon Coolpix, but Graham and Cakey are your men on digi cameras Gary. Boys?

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Canon EOS D60 if u wanna spend some wonga and get a Digi thats going to give you quality night shots too.

G

Gary Franklin

thanks Warren but that's the price of a good holiday!!!!

C

Chris Bishop

I'd try and keep your money in your pocket until after Xmas, going to be some seriously good bargains next year's Jan sales.

Amazing what you can get for a couple of hundred quid these days.

First digi camera I ever saw was when a paper I worked on borrowed one off Nikon to test in about '96 or '97, it was ?16,000.

G

Gary Franklin

Just had the same thought myself Chris, afterall i can spend the money on some reel fishing gear and carry on with the stnd 35mm for now.

C

Chris Bishop

The 3mp Coolpix is just under ?300 at the moment. Bet you can knock ?100 off that after Christmas when the next generation cameras come out.

They'll also hit the second-hand market soon - it's evolving so fast and people are trading up after just a few months.

Shops are trying to turn around second hand digis as fast as they can so the prices are plumetting. Again, the technology's moving so quickly, five years ago you'd have paid several hundred notes for a 1mp camera, now thy're considered entry-level.

Best fishing camera I ever had was an Olympus Mju I got off Rich Drayson. Pin sharp pics, pic them up for peanuts now.

The sliding cover keeps all the dirt and crap out and it's totally foolproof for those occasions when you get someone else to do a pic of you with a fish.

C

Cakey

ooops sorry its on of them,you will have to enter the on line shop and click on olympus.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Whats the quality of the night shots Cakey?

i.e. Flash any good?