This might be "old hat".......

D

Dave Rothery

I'm actually going for the first time in about 2 months tomorrow night, and playing around with stuff like you do before a session, i've just mashed up a load of maples. it looks and smells the absolute b*ll*x as a method (it would be stiff enough on its own)/bag mix with a sigle maple as a hookbait....cant wait to try it out. anybody tried it or with other pulses before?

B

Budgie Burgess

Not pulses but when Peanut was the "in" bait back in the early 80's Me and a few mates took the Canterbury waters apart by fishing single peanut on the hair and wraping the whole lot up in crushed peanut mixed with a bit of beaten egg to help hold it together.A bit like the modern "Method".We did it just to try and get more smell/flavour around our hook bait.See no reason why similar aproach shouldnt work with pulses.

L

Les Clark

Budgie,Were you a member of canterbury and district,maybe that`s where I`ve seen your face before?

L

Les Clark

Budgie,mostly into pike and tench back then,just started to carp fish.
Fished with Joe fowle mainly,good fishing buddy back then,Ron ,from deal,Steve chadwick,John Robert`s,plus a few other`s.

D

Dave Rothery

did you do the work parties with joe, les? just had a flash back! been scanning pic of fordwich fish and swims into pc today....god i was young then!

L

Les Clark

Hi Dave, yes mainly at fordwich,had to do them,apart from the fact that we enjoyed doing them,we could get a early draw for the swim`s.

L

Les Clark

Dave, do you remember Ron`s surname,he got a face like a garden gnome,love`s his river pikeing,last saw him about 3yr`s ago at grove ferry.

D

Dave Rothery

i kind of remember you-i worked with brian allen/andy clark/the canterbury lot. had some cracking start of seasons on fordwich (whilst bunking school!). was down your way a few weeks ago for a flying visit and had a walk round with dad. bought back the memories.....

L

Les Clark

Dave,I had long fair hair back then,plus no tash,the going rig was freelined,the bait`s as big as a apple,kit e kat, mixed with wheetabix,but there again that may have been earlyer,becouse i remember useing the hair at fordwich,and there`s no way we could have got those bait`s on a hair.

B

Budgie Burgess

Was a member untill we started catching too many fish!Some one bubbled the three of us for not living in the catchment area! Got a life ban!Used to be ultra clicky in those days didnt it.Do either of you remember the Gregory brothers? I was in the army with three of them.They used to near enough live on Fordwhich when they were on leave in them days.

L

Les Clark

Hi Budgie, ultra clicky is not the word,there was about 20 of us,decided to form a group,share info on bait`s, rig`s,ect,after about 2 meeting`s in Ron mew`s gaff,there where 3or 4 little group`s,that was it for me,went my own way,too clicky.

L

Les Clark

Gregory brother`s,not by name,may have known them,just as face`s.

D

Dave Rothery

just so you know (back to the origional thread) had 4 doubles over it. interestingly, couldnt get them to take a maple - all came to boilie.