River Teme

F

Fred Bonney

I've got a week at Docklow,anybody know the river there,got any tips?

P

Paul Thompson

Fred,

When are you down mate? Is it next weekend?

If so, the BS fish-in is on at Bredwardine, and I'll be going down on the Saturday, so you can come along with me if you want.

Funnily enough, I'm fishing at Knightwick on the Teme tommorrow, for the first time in ten years! I'm taking a mate of mine who has moved from luton, and now lives 5 minutes away from docklow. Small world eh?

Give us a ring old mate,

Tommo

Chris Hammond

Reaction score
Hi Fred,

I've fished the Teme a few times at various places around Worcester. It's always been a pretty consistent river for Barbel for me.

Normal tactics have all worked, maggots, casters or corn on the odd occasion that the rivers been low and clear, or meat and cheesepaste if it's coloured, which it usually has been. It's got it's own distinct red colour, which it gets from the local reddy coloured earth.

My best results have been when fishing a stiff paste of Danish blue cheese and breadcrumbs and a dollop of garlic puree, or garlic flavoured meat.

Alans fishing tackle shop in Worcester sells day tickets for some cracking beats, and for less than a fiver.

Regards Chris

F

Fred Bonney

Thanks for the tips Chris,hopefully we'll have a little rain next week to top it up a bit.

Paul, I sent you a mail, we arrive Sat,afternoon 13th,I haven't got your 'phone number now ,another 'phone talking to the fish!!!

P

Paul Thompson

Fred,

Mobiles do everything these days, I would have thought they'd have taught them to swim too!! :eek:)

Tommo